Ch. 3 - Snowballs and School

Hunter - Age 16 - New Years Eve

"Wanna go outside?" Hunter asked Zekaj, who was laying on the couch watching sappy Christmas movies.

"I don't really see the point." Zekaj answered.  It was true, he didn't see the point to just going outside in the snow, for now at least.

"Just to play around, make a snowman or something." Hunter stated. "Do you even get cold?"

"Not really, I basically exude heat." He said, Hunter had started to put on his warm coat, gloves, and snow shoes.

Outside in Hunter's back yard, Zekaj had just stepped out in the middle of the backyard wearing jeans and a coat, just in case anyone saw him they wouldn't think anything.

"So uh, what do we even d-" He was cut off by a snow hitting him in the back of the head. Glaring, he turned to look at Hunter who was doing his best at holding in a laugh. In his hand was a snowball. "What the he-." He was cut off again by a snow hitting him in the face.

"Oh my god I didn't mean to hit you in the face!" Hunter panicked. The flare in Zekaj's eyes was scaring him half to death. In a flash Zekaj, balled up snow flinging it at Hunter hitting him square in the chest.

Quickly a snowball fight had begun in the backyard. Zekaj had quickly learned the ropes and was smiling and having fun. Hunter was laughing his ass off at how competitive Zekaj was getting.

After 20 minutes of nonstop snowball making and throwing, Hunter collapsed in the snow. Stretching his arms and legs, his eyes facing the sky.

"You win! You win!" Hunter said as snowballs continued to hit him.

Hunter no longer felt any snowballs hitting him, until a large body slammed on his. Zekaj was laying on top of him, forming a lowercase "T" with their bodies. This caused Hunter to let out a groan in pain.

"That was fun." Zekaj smiled. Zekaj rolled over, and stared at the bright blue sky. "I'm so glad I agreed to be friends. I've never experienced anything like this.  Earth is," he paused.  "Wonderful."

"What did you do for fun in uh, hell?" Hunter questioned, still staring at the sky.

"I- uh, at the time killing was fun to me." Zekaj frowned. "I don't think I will ever be able to go back to what I was doing. Sitting around waiting for someone to summon me, then do whatever they asked, in return for their soul or whatever. I never did much more than that in Hell, what people never realize about Hell is just how lonely it is." Hunter could see the hurt and sadness in his eyes. But he had to know just how much killing he had done.

"How many people have you killed?" Hunter asked. Zekaj looked straight at Hunter. His pale gold eyes dulling

"Too many to count. I won't kill again, unless I have to. To protect you." Zekaj answered. Hunter meant a lot to Zekaj, more than either of them knew.

Knowing Zekaj would kill for him should've made him worried. But instead it made him smile. Not that he wanted Zekaj to kill, but knowing he would protect him no matter what was nice.

******

Hunter - Age 16 - Months Later

"I'm booored." Zekaj said in Hunter's Mind, drawing out the "o". Zekaj really didn't enjoy school, most things he already knew or like some historical events, were there for.

"What exactly do you want me to do about that?" Hunter asked.

"Leave."

"I can't do that Zeke. My parents would kill me." Hunter had decided to give Zekaj a nickname, hence calling him Zeke. It was used in case someone caught them together in public. Hunter preferred to use Zekaj more.