Ch. 17 - Birthdays Suck

WOOPS! Copy pasted the wrong chapter for this one. It's right now!

Make sure to read chapter 16, I double updated!

-MEK

September 13th - Hunter's Birthday

Hunter woke up to a buzzing on his stomach. Groggily, he opened his eyes and saw sunlight coming from his window. He sat up, supporting himself with his arms as he arched his back, stretching it.

He looked down towards his phone that he had slept on. The time on the phone read 7:00 am. He had slept through his alarm for 3:43.

"Fuck!" He quickly sat up and glanced all around his room for Zekaj.

He wasn't anywhere to be seen and he wasn't in his head.

"Zekaj?" He asked out loud. Maybe he was somewhere in the house?

He left his room in his pajama pants only and searched all around the house. He was nowhere to be found. He had been there when I fell asleep last night, where is he?

Hunter got back to his room and saw the note and pen laying on his desk. He ran for it and immediately picked it up and read Zekaj's terrible handwriting.

Hunter.

Problems in hell. Be back later. Happy birthday!

-Zekaj

Hunter immediately calmed down and resumed his day of getting ready for school. Sadly he had school on his birthday.

He threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and was about to leave his room when he saw Zekaj's sweatshirt hanging off the door handle. He stared at it for a bit before slipping it on and basking in the sweet smell of Zekaj. It was enough to even get him a little excited.

He quickly left for school in his dad's car.

*****

The school was incredibly boring without Zekaj. How had he managed to do this for years without Zekaj. He actually had to sit and pay attention for once instead of having a conversation with Zekaj in his head since both of them knew the material already.

He was either listening to his teachers or staring off into space. But with this class, he couldn't stare off into space because someone was staring at him the whole time.

Max hadn't let Hunter leave his sight since he stepped into the class. It was unsettling how his eyes continuously bore into his body.

"Oh god. Are we soulmates?"  He thought, immediately turning around to look at Max.

The two stared at each other, only being interrupted by the bell. Hunter slowly got his stuff packed up watching Max's movement as he left the room first. If he was going to do this he needed to be sly, a simple bump and finger touch would be enough.

He really didn't want to be mated to Max but he had to know. He quickly left the room in the direction of Max. He tried to follow him as best as possible but when he turned the corner he was gone.

Hunter continued forward and was suddenly pulled into an empty classroom.

Hunter was quickly slammed into the wall by a big body. He looked into dark brown eyes staring into his own. Max was holding him against the wall.

Max was bigger than him due to his beta wolf gene. Max had short black hair curly hair that was nice with his dark skin.

"I don't know what you are, but stay away from Aj. I've gotten him to stay back from you now you need to do the same. If the coven and packs ever meet together, Stay. Away. From. Him."