Ch. 48 - Amet

Breathing was impossible with the strong grip of the pack killer's leather hand on his neck. All he could do was kick at him as he tried to pry him off.

Hunter wasn't expecting to be suddenly dropped to the ground though. He barely caught his fall in time as his wrist twisted in pain as it smashed into the brick floor.

'The Pack Killer just stared down at him, the glow of his white eyes being one of the only things Hunter could see in the room itself. They dimly lit up his armor as he stared down, not saying anything.

Only a couple of ideas entered Hunter's mind as he thought of a way out of this. The two just stared at each other until Hunter heard words he never thought he would.

"Help me," The Pack Killer's deep distorted voice pleaded.

Hunter only then noticed he was ever so slightly shaking in place. The darkness of the room hid it well but his glowing eyes made it noticeable. Was he scared? Hunter assumed not, so something else must be causing this.

Standing up, Hunter shook the pain in his wrist away. The Pack Killer had stepped back a little to give him space.

"Help me," He repeated, his distorted voice now shaking as well.

He had two options. Help the Pack Killer or fight the Pack Killer. The choice seemed obvious given his current situation.

"How?" Hunter asked, cementing in the fact that he was about to help a mass murderer.

"You fit?" The Pack Killer pointed towards the narrow path. "You make door open. More?"

"I don't know," Hunter said without thinking.

This seemed to anger the Pack Killer as his eyes turned red in anger and the leather of his gloves scrunched up.

"I'll try! I'll try."

The red of his eyes dimmed back to white.

Hunter took off his book bag and handed it to the Pack Killer, "Will you hold this?"

The Pack Killer stretched out his arms and held it like it was radioactive.

The two stared at the path. Hunter's flashlight shone along the edge and Hunter could read the words that were above the path into the deeper part of the castle. It must have been what gave the old explorers the name of this landmark.

THE CITY OF AME T

Hunter looked down the narrow path and slowly eased himself inside. With a slow pace, he shuffled along keeping his head forward. He turned back once and saw the two glowing white eyes on the other side staring him down.

His jacket scratched against the hard brick wall he was inching through. This was a claustrophobe's worst nightmare.

He came to a stop at the glowing barrier, he could now easily see the halls that lay beyond.

"Why stop?" He heard the Pack Killer ask.

"There's a barrier, I'm not sure if it's dangerous," Hunter realized how ridiculous this sounded. Could it be any more dangerous than working with a psychotic murderer who didn't seem to know proper grammar?

Hunter slowly inched his hand towards the glowing barrier, his pinky just barely touching it. He eased it in carefully, waiting for the certain death it could possibly cause.

Before he even knew it, his whole hand was past the barrier. With one large step, his whole body passed through the barrier and he stepped out of the path.

The torches that hung along the walls lit up in a magnificent blue flame, Hunter watched as they moved down the path before they turned off in other directions.