Ch. 43 - Emrys

The Institute.

A place Hunter wouldn't necessarily mind seeing burn to the ground.

He wasn't here for revenge no matter how much he wanted it. Hunter was here for information and research. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jaxon parked the car and took off his seatbelt. His father had decided to drive him instead of Hunter driving alone, worried that Hunter would fall asleep at the wheel.

"Text or call me if you need anything alright?" Jaxon interrupted Hunter's thoughts.

"Ok," Hunter said, opening the door and quickly stepping out.

Throwing his hood up, Hunter looked down at his feet as he made his way towards the library of the institute.

Stepping back into the building sent shivers down his spine. The air of the building was weighing down on him as he continued walking in. He wanted out of here, but he had to push on. For Zekaj.

Never again would he come here when he got Zekaj back.  If he got Zekaj back.

The horrible thoughts filled his head as he continued to the library. He was worried he'd run into his mother or sister which was the last thing he wanted. It wasn't like them to go to the library so he believed he was safe.

Running into them in the hallway was another story.

He continued his walk towards the library when he got to the double doors and pushed with all of his strength which quickly made him feel drowsy.

Books on the spirit world would be in the main section and ones with demon summoning marks would be in the restricted one. Hunter just had to hope he still had access.

Hunter got to the main desk to find the older man who ran it was still there playing sudoku. He smiled when he saw Hunter.

"Young Mr. Sullivan, how are you feeling?" The man smiled at him. "I heard you've been quite sick recently."

"I'm alright," Hunter lied. Cutting to the chase, Hunter asked, "Where are the books on the spirit world?"

"Ah the spirit world, that's a fun subject isn't it?" He spoke, not answering the question.

"I guess," Hunter said.

"A young boy like you should be careful when it comes to the spirit world, you never know what could be lurking in its endless forests."

"Yeah," Hunter fake chuckled, he wasn't trying to be rude. Socializing wasn't his strong suit and he really just wanted to sit down. He gave his casual smile trying to seem nicer.

"You're looking for section c3, Mr. Wyles was up there shelving some books. He can help you find anything you're looking for. The spirit world is his specialty."

"Thanks," Hunter smiled, but inside he was groaning. The two exchanged their smiles again and Hunter headed towards the stairs.

Of course, the section he needed to go to was the top floor. The universe truly had it out for him.

Hunter began his trek up the stairs, taking a short break at the second floor before finally making it up the last flight of stairs. In total, he went up about 3 flights of stairs and he felt like death.

He trudged along the upper floor until he came across a large man shelving books. He was well built, not larger than Zekaj but definitely bigger than himself. He had sharp black hair and a beard that fit nicely with his light-olive skin.

The man turned towards him and smiled, his dark blue eyes gleaming in the room's light.

"Hey!" The calm voice of the man spoke. He assumed this man was the Mr. Wyles the librarian spoke of.