Ch. 46 - Photograph

At school, Hunter sat on his phone not paying attention to anything the teachers were saying. School was a lot less important to him now and he didn't really care about it at all. His one priority now was getting to Zekaj.

He was trying to think of the perfect text to Emrys on how to prep a trip to the spirit world. Getting to Wisconsin seemed to be the easiest part of the trip since he believed he would be able to shadowwalk just like Zekaj could.

(H) Hey Emrys, it's Hunter. I've been thinking of taking a look into the spirit world. Any recommendations on supplies to bring?

Hunter didn't expect a text as soon as he got one. Suddenly the whole classroom was filled with the little ping sound that came from his phone.

He quickly silenced his phone and acted like hadn't been texting on it moments prior. When the coast was clear, he quickly looked back at his phone. In the time he was too scared to check the text, he had gotten another text.

(?) Let me get Emrys.

(E)  Hey Hunter! Definitely bring some snacks and a reusable water bottle. If you litter in the spirit world I will hunt you down unless a spirit gets to you first. Which they probably will. A nice sweatshirt is all you really need and jeans. Definitely don't go in with only a t-shirt and shorts. You're only human and will freeze up pretty quick.

The phone pinged again.

(E)  And definitely a flashlight or lantern since it can get dark in some places. Some batteries too just in case. Reusable phone chargers, etc. Just anything you would take on a long trip. 

(E) Some small markers that won't harm the environment can help just in case you get lost. Just don't leave them there, pick them up as you head back.

(E)  Oh and definitely don't get too close to most creatures. If you don't get in their space they won't get mad at you. Leave them be, if they're friendly they'll come up to you.

(E)  Oh! And don't eat fruits that are super dark, those can cause you to get high or hallucinate. Unless that's your kind of thing. I don't judge. 

(E)  I'm happy you're showing interest in the spirit world! It's an amazing place.

(E)  Arthur said I was starting to ramble again. Sorry.

Hunter looked back up to make sure his teacher wasn't looking. They were going on about something that Hunter didn't care enough about.

(H)  It's alright. I can tell you're passionate about the spirit world.

(E) Yeah, when I get excited about something it's hard for me to shut up.

(E)   Arthur said it's my worst trait. But he also finds it cute. I can tell.

Emrys truly could talk for hours. Hunter quietly chuckled to himself which garnered the attention of a wolf nearby.

(H)  It's alright.

(E)  Good! :D

Hunter put his phone in his pocket as the final bell rang. Another successful day of not paying attention to any of his classes. If all things went to plan. He'd be with Zekaj by Saturday night.

That is if he found a portal in the spirit world. Or a spell, or a scroll. Hunter had no idea what he was looking for. Still. Hunter hoped Amet would be the key to all of his problems.

The walk to his locker was quick and getting his book bag on was another story. Just carrying the bag filled with books was a lot but on his back, it felt like it was a house weighing him down. One slight gust of wind and he knew he'd fall on his ass.