Ch. 63 - Aegon

Waking up in what Hunter believed was the afternoon, his immediate notice was that his demon was missing.

After their bath that morning, Hunter and Zekaj had cuddled for a while as Zekaj read a book to him. Hunter assumed he must have fallen asleep sometime during it and Zekaj didn't wake him.

Hunter stepped onto the cold floor of the bedroom. Zekaj had some slippers lying around somewhere he remembered.

Looking around the dressers Hunter found a package of clothes sitting on the top of it. A little note was tied to the top with only a single word written on it.

Hunter.

Untying the package Hunter pulled out the few clothes he had brought with him to Hell. The rest were plain black clothes tailor-made to his size. Multiple pairs of jeans like black clothing, underwear, and shirts and long-sleeved shirts that too were black. A single belt was also in the package along with gloves.

Hunter got dressed in the new clothes and was surprised by how nicely they fit. It was all black, or some other name that Zekaj would insist is completely different to the normal black and was soft and nice.

Zekaj's slippers were right next to the dresser and his own shoes were nowhere in sight. Maybe they were still being fixed? The slippers were large on him but incredibly soft.

Peeking out the door, Hunter looked for any signs of someone and headed out of the room. Their bond was still repairing itself as Zekaj's mark slowly faded back in, it meant that Zekaj could literally be anywhere until the distance limit reformed. He would need to be remarked at some point to make it more noticeable. Knowing how Zekaj was, wouldn't be an issue.

Hunter headed off into a direction, unsure if it was the right way to go. The castle was a maze to him.

After turning a couple of times and heading down a flight of stairs, Hunter saw an open door and peered inside.

Inside Aegon sat at a desk. Hunter quickly pulled back not wanting to interrupt.

"Hunter?" Aegon said from inside the office.

Quietly and slowly, Hunter turned into the office room and stood in the entrance.

"Sorry," Hunter said. "I didn't mean to interrupt."

"No worries Hunter, I wasn't doing a whole lot. Just going over reports on what the other Lords of Hell thought about the veil incident," Aegon said, motioning for Hunter to take a seat.

"What do they think it was?" Hunter asked as he sat down in the leather chair.

"They believe it might've just been the realms shifting and made it seem like it was being broken. Honestly, I don't think they even believe it themselves." Aegon scratched his head and set the notes back on his desk.

"You can't keep me hidden forever," Hunter said. It was something he had been thinking about forever.

"I know, we will have to tell everyone soon. It's just Zekaj who I'm worried about."

Both Aegon and Hunter knew that Zekaj wouldn't be happy about telling everyone in Hell that a human had made their way in. It would put an even bigger target on their back.

"Speaking of Zekaj," Aegon sat up in his chair. "How has he been... treating you?"

"Treating me?" Hunter asked.

"He's good to you, right? He treats you well?" Aegon answered. "I know he had trouble understanding the worth of a mate when he was younger. And he can be possessive like all demons. Then there's the fact about your age. You're eighteen while Zekaj is well into the hundreds."