Ch. 77 - Answers in Blood

Zekaj opened the door to the lab and Hunter stepped in.

The room was the same as any other, besides the vials of strange liquids and crystals that glowed dimly in the light of the hellfire. Other artifacts that seemed to have been thousands of years old laid around on the various tables with papers filled with notes on them.

One stuck out though, a metallic collar that had been destroyed. It had scratch marks all over it and if Hunter hadn't seen it before, he would have no idea what it was.

It was the collar that separated Zekaj and Him.

Suddenly, it was swallowed up by the void and no longer sitting on the table as the void dissipated.

"I forgot that it was here," Zekaj said. "Sorry for making you relive the memories..."

Zekaj squeezed Hunter closer but was pushed back as Hunter pressed his lips against him.

"It's all fine now," Hunter whispered to Zekaj, enjoying the feel of Zekaj's beard against his face.

Pulling Hunter closer, the two stood hugging each other before someone cleared their throat.

Volveth and Jaxon were standing at the door. It was still weird to see his son embrace another man. Not that Zekaj was a man, just that it was weird, he couldn't explain it. He just needed to get used to it.

The Minotaur just stood there smiling like usual, still hoping for the day he could embrace Jaxon like that. He had been sneakily touching the human a lot to try and get him used to it, and to satisfy his inner bull.

Though neither were the ones to clear their throat. At a table were Aegon, Caroline, and Zekai waiting for the two to stop making out in the middle of the room. Zekai had cleared his throat because frankly he just wanted to get out of there. And it was awkward to just have to sit and watch.

"Everyone take a seat!" Caroline gestured to the surrounding chairs.

Next to Caroline sat Aegon and Zekai. Then next to Zekai was Zekaj then Hunter, Jaxon, and finally Volveth.

Volveth was a bit squeamish for having to sit close to his king but Jaxon was close enough that his scent calmed him down. Luckily his emotions were too strong that his Minotaur form would rip out from inside him.

"So let's begin, Volveth, you're up first." Volveth took one black needle out from her container filled with one and brought out a small glass Petri dish-looking thing.

"Me?" The Minotaur's eyes went wide and suddenly out of his control, the minotaur inside him ripped out.

"Yep, just one small prick and your wound will heal with your demon strength," Caroline motioned for Volveth to extend his hand.

Volveth set his palm facing up. Minding the claws, Caroline gently pricked Volveth's ring finger and the black needle sucked up some of his silver blood.

The once black needle now had what looked like silver veins up it.

Volveth sucked on the finger as it healed and just watched Caroline with the needle as she carefully pressed it into the middle of the glass dish.

Slowly, the nail drained the silver blood and slowly filled it into the petri dish. One layer of silver blood was inside of it.

"Now give it a couple of seconds," Caroline said, as everyone watched the blood slowly begin to move around in the dish until it formed an almost web-like structure.

"This is a web of Volveth's blood. We can see how he's a common void demon, with little to no touch of the primal void in him. We can see the touch of the void in him moving along the web, this is his Minotaur form. When we get to Zekaj we will see how much the void corrupts him compared to Volveth. The more corruption the stronger the enraged form." Caroline explained. "For a commoner, Volveth has been corrupted a lot more but this is most likely due to the Minotaur spirit inside of him, given to him by the Primordial Void."