BCH. 1 - Zekaj's First Day of School

Mini Chapter #1 - Zekaj's First Day of School

Monday, 6 Days Before Hunter's 16th Birthday. (Takes place in the middle of Chapter #2, in between Hunter's birthday and the first day Hunter summoned Zekaj.)

Zekaj was sitting at Hunter's desk as the sun began to shine into the room.  He looked over at the human boy sleeping in his bed, one of his arms was hanging off the side of the bed.

Hunter and him had only been with each other for a day and a half.

This was so much different than all of the others summons he took part in.  He had been here a lot longer than all the others too and he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

His thoughts were interrupted as a sound started ringing from Hunter's phone.  Zekaj got up and examined the phone as it continued to ring as Hunter stirred awake.

Zekaj looked down at Hunter on the bed and stared at him.

"Why is it making this sound?"  He asked.  Hunter held his hand out for Zekaj to give him back the phone.  He quickly swiped right and the alarm turned off.

"It's time for school."  He said with a raspy voice.  "That was my alarm to wake me up in time to get ready."

"Oh."  Zekaj said, grabbing the phone from Hunter and looking at it again.  Zekaj sat there playing with the buttons while Hunter got dressed.

Hunter had slipped on a pair of jeans and a basic shirt and sweatshirt and left for the bathroom really quick. 

When he came back in the room his phone's alarm was beeping again and Zekaj was standing by the door holding it out to him.

"It's doing it again."  He said, annoyed at the ringing.

"Back up alarm just in case I slept through the first one."  Hunter said in a dull voice, grabbing the phone from Zekaj, turning off the alarm before handing it back.  He was always moody in the mornings.  He wouldn't take it out on Zekaj though.

"Oh."  Zekaj frowned.  "I can be your alarm if you need.  I could wake you up."

"Oh uh, you can if I happen to sleep through both."

"Has that happened before?"

Hunter paused for a second before answering.  "Maybe."  Zekaj laughed.

"When I fall asleep it's hard to get me up too."  He smiled.

Hunter grabbed his book bag from beside his desk and headed to the door, he turned around for Zekaj but he was already right behind him, almost running into him.

"Where are we going?"  He asked.

"School.  It starts in uh," he held out his hand for his phone and Zekaj summoned it back into his hand before handing it to Hunter. "30 minutes."  He slipped the phone into his pocket.

"Ok then."  Zekaj grabbed Hunter's hand and faded into his body.

Hunter walked down the stairs and saw Hannah sitting on the couch waiting for him.

"What took you so long?"  She said.

"Tired."  She rolled her eyes to that and got up to leave.  She took him to school in her car that their parents bought her for her birthday.  They both got in and the car left their driveway.

"So this school,"  Zekaj started.  "What exactly do you learn there?"  School for demons was a lot different, their parents typically taught them and they were fast learners so it never took them long to give them a full high school level education, as well as immense knowledge in demonic magic.