Ch. 33 - Morning After (Reprise)

Light crept through the room slowly as the sun rose before perfectly landing on the eyes of Zekaj, waking him immediately. His eyes were blurry from the long sleep and slowly focused on the blonde head of hair in front of him.

During the night the two had shifted and Zekaj was now big-spooning the skinny human. His eyes moved up the toned body of the mage. They went over his gray arms wrapped around the mage before landing on his shoulder where his mating mark lay.

Zekaj listened to the muffled breaths of the sleeping human in his arms. It was incredibly calming to an otherwise eventful morning.

The bond had finally been fully connected, its powers were in full force. Whatever those might be.

The bond was overwhelmingly strong, Zekaj could feel it deep in his chest, like a soft humming satisfied that they two were connected. Every skin to skin touch sent shockwaves through Zekaj.

Zekaj glided his hands along Hunter's toned chest loving the feeling of his smooth skin against his fingertips.

His human was finally his completely. Zekaj marked him as his own, Hunter belonged to him, and he belonged to Hunter. And Zekaj wouldn't have it any other way.

The demon slowly felt the human stir as his breathing changed and his eyes slowly started opening up.

"Good morning love," Zekaj whispered, snuggling his head into Hunter's back.

Hunter abruptly turned over and placed his forehead against Zekaj's and the two stared into each other's eyes. Zekaj's eyes slowly started glowing.

The two stared at one other for a bit before Hunter's face slowly started to get red. The human abruptly covered his face in embarrassment.

"You can't be embarrassed now Hunter!" Zekaj laughed. "You were amazing so there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

Zekaj pulled apart Hunter's hands and quickly stole a kiss from the human. His eyes went wide with shock, he wasn't ready for the surprise kiss.

"Best I've ever had," Zekaj winked. Hunter's face only got redder.

Hunter quickly slipped out of bed, the warmth of the demon quickly leaving him as he stepped away. His room was pretty cold even after the generation of heat the two caused the night before.

The human groaned at the pain that shot through his whole back, putting an arm on his back for support. Hunter knew he'd have pain the whole day.

"Let me help," Zekaj said, hopping off the bed and picking him up in a bridal style.

The demon laid him back down on the bed and kissed his head and walked away to the closet for clothes.

Hunter watched as sweatpants flew from the closet door and the naked demon pulled on his own pair of gray sweatpants. And yes, they did show off everything.

"Sweatpants only?" Hunter laughed.

"No one's home," Zekaj wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Fine," Hunter said, slipping them on.

The demon came out of the closet, in his human form, and quickly picked up the human again.

"I could probably make it downstairs," Hunter laughed.

"Why walk when I can just carry you," The demon smiled cheekily.

"Fair, I'm not complaining,"

Zekaj continued carrying the human down the steps to the empty living room. The human was gently set down on a lounge chair and the bare-chested demon left for the kitchen.