Ch. 49 - Halls now Empty

The sword sat in its pedestal, glimmering in the unnatural lighting as Hunter took it all in.

Amet was Camelot.

Hunter had started to question every little thing that's ever happened to him. Was it fate or just coincidence?

He couldn't worry about that right now. He needed to find a portal, or something and get to Zekaj.

There were a couple of paths away from the throne room he just needed to pick one and start searching for anything. 

As Hunter walked down a random hallway, torches ahead of him slowly lit up on their own. He listened for anything magical or portal-y but could only hear the Pack Killer's loud footsteps behind him.

It was weird, the hallways had nothing in them. There was an occasional door that the Pack Killer would dart to and find it was heavily locked. Even after he slammed his body into it multiple times.

He was trying another door when he suddenly stopped and pushed his ear up against the door.

Hunter watched him for a bit until he looked back at Hunter.

"Breathing," he said.

The Pack Killer suddenly slammed his body into the door repeatedly. Growing angrier as the door wouldn't budge.

With one quick swipe, the blade on his back was off and heading right into the door where it was jabbed right into the door. Hunter watched as the blade bent in half.

It dropped to the ground with a clang as the Pack Killer looked over at Hunter. Grunting he moved on down the hallway.

Someone couldn't be listening to them right? Surely the Pack Killer had just heard wind or maybe some spirit floating around in there, right?

Hunter followed along, keeping an eye on the door before he turned back and followed on.

After many twists and turns, they wound up in the throne room again.

Sitting down for a rest, Hunter pulled out his thermos of tea and took a sip. The Pack Killer walked all over the room.

He was easy to track due to the glowing white eyes, but if they weren't there, he'd have been impossible to see in the shadow. Hunter couldn't help but think of all this man had done and yet, Hunter wanted to get to know him better.

What secrets did he have? Why is he after wolves in particular? Hunter was part paranormal, why not kill him?

He was thankful for not being hurt too much, besides his probably slightly bruised neck. He could probably heal it before his father ever saw it.

Hunter stood up as the Pack Killer, PK for short, walked into a hallway. Following behind him, Hunter saw there was a larger room at the end.

Unlike the hallways before, no lights shined upon this library.

It was a lot larger than the one at the Institute and had so many floors there were too many to count. Hunter flicked on his flashlight and PK looked at him like he was a moron. So it was safe to assume PK could see in the dark.

There were many shelves in the middle of the room, not connected to the wall. As Hunter and PK got to the middle of the room, Hunter had answered one of his many questions.

This had been where the spirits would take writings, art, and statues when it was found up above.

All of the tables were filled to the brim with loose parchment and random books. He slowly walked up to one table and picked up a wooden plank.