Ch. 78 - Rebirth

Goals 1 and 2 have been reached. I'll get to work on the bonus chapter asap! <3 Thanks for the support!

-mek

"I know it's rude to just pop up in your home like this, but I was so excited you guys figured it out!" Merlin smiled ear to ear.

Merlin had dark blue eyes, just like his horns which were similar to Zekaj's, but instead of the glowing pale gold, it was dark blue. They were surrounded by black hair and he had a short black beard. Merlin's skin was blue as well but not as dark. His demon runes were dark blue like his horns and went all along his arms just like Hunter.

Arthur stood shorter than Merlin and was well muscled. Like his mate, he sported a beard, only blond. His face had two scars but didn't take away from his natural beauty. His eyes were possibly the brightest blue Hunter had ever seen.

"We were going to wait," The deep-voiced Arthur said before side-eyeing the tall demon next to him. "Merlin threw that all out the window."

"Sorry love," Merlin smiled down at his shorter mate.

Arthur only grumbled and leaned into his mate's touch.

"You're that library bitch," Zekaj said, his marks glowing as his overprotectiveness came out.

"I guess so, I did push Hunter in the right direction if that's what you meant," Merlin smiled.

"Yeah, nearly got him killed by the Pack Killer. Thanks for that," Zekaj growled.

"To be fair, we didn't think that would happen," Arthur shrugged.

"You still sent him into the middle of the spirit world where dangerous fucking shit is always lurking around! I don't care if you didn't think the Pack Killer would be there, I'm still pissed you put him into the situation in the first place." Zekaj said sternly.

"Zekaj this is not important right now," Aegon interrupted Zekaj's outburst. "How did you get past the guards?"

Aegon wasn't exactly sure if he should trust these trespassers. Though his son-in-mating did which felt like enough to him. Merlin did help Hunter get back to Zekaj and seemed to be an innocent man.

Merlin sat down at one of the tables, positioning the chair to face the demons and Arthur did the same.

"We got in the same way Hunter did, only we had to wait for someone else to open the door so the three of us."

"Wait three?" Aegon asked.

Merlin went wide-eyed and turned to Arthur.

"We forgot about Lance, do you think-"

"Yes, he was probably uncloaked as well," Arthur said concerned.

"So he's just running around the halls, visible?" Aegon stood back up.

"Yep," Merlin stood up as well and was followed by the rest of the room.

"Well, where could he be?" Caroline asked.

Merlin looked at Arthur who just shrugged.

"He could be anywhere in your castle. I'm certain we could find him quickly." Arthur said.

Everyone filed out of the room and began walking around the halls.

"Poor Lancelot, walking the halls alone. I hope the guards don't hurt him," Caroline said.

"I would be more scared for your guards, Queen Caroline," Arthur said with a well-mannered tone. "Lancelot is a ferocious knight. I would be more worried for your men lives."