Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness

"I'm in love with him."  Zekaj repeated.  "Oh god."  he mumbled as he fell flat on Zekai's bed.

Zekaj had just realized he was madly in love with Hunter.  He was a demon in love with a human.

"I mean I've never even liked guys before, Kai!"  Zekaj continued.  "What do I do?  This can't work out, he's human!  He's going to get another human as a fucking soulmate!"  Zekaj's anger at the thought of someone else being with Hunter had started.

Zekaj sat up and started gripping the comforters of Zekai's bed in anger.  Just the thought was causing Zekaj to fume with anger.  His enraged form started to slip out and his arms enveloped in shadows.  Shadowy claws appearing at his hands, ripping the blankets.

"Woah Woah Woah.  Calm down Kaj."  Zekai stood in front of Zekaj and placed his hands on his shoulders.  "It's going to be fine."

"But it wont Kai.  He's," He sniffled.  "He's human.  He's going to find someone else and forget about me."

"From what I've heard of this Hunter, he will never just forget about you."  He reassured Zekaj.  "Am I wrong?"

Zekaj shook his head no.

"Good."  Zekai sat next to Zekaj.  "So what are you going to do?"

"Hold back all my emotions and act like they don't exist."  Zekaj answered quickly.

"That's not healthy Kaj."  He laughed.  "I like this new you.  One who seemingly is ok with feeling emotion other than boredom and anger."

"Hey! I felt things other than boredom and anger!"

"Like what?"  Zekai questioned.

"Uh."  He thought. "I was horny sometimes."

The brothers burst out laughing and Zekai fell flat on the bed next to Zekaj.  Both just staring at the ceiling.

"That's one good thing about this Hunter.  He got you to stop with the mindless flings."

"God they pissed Mom off."  Zekaj laughed.  "She was always nice to them when they were in the castle, but the second they left."

"She was on you HARD.  She never let you breathe."

"Oh god I always thought she'd kill me."  Zekaj said through his laughter.

"So why did you keep bringing them back?"

"I was bored!"  Zekaj bellowed.  They both continued to laugh.

The room had a comfortable silence now.  Both were just staring at the ceiling.

"Do I have any chance?"  Zekaj asked.

"What?"

"Do I have a chance of being mated to Hunter?"  He specified.  His tone had softened to one of sadness.  Something Zekaj barely ever was.  "You're the smart one, is it possible?"

"A demon and human being mated isn't not unheard of" he paused.

Zekaj quickly sat up.

"What did you say?"  He asked.

"Well,"

"Spit it out Kai!"  Zekaj shook his brother.

"Ok, ok!  Well I was reading up on my own problem,"  His problem being the nagging feeling of something missing in his life, not his soulmate though.  "And I read how thousands of years before even we were born that some powerful human mage apparently had a demon soulmate."

"So I just have to hope some old ass story will apply to Hunter and I?"  Kaj questioned.

"It gets worse."