Ch. 31 - Oblivious Demon

"So many options,"  Zekaj stared in amazement.

The menu at the roller rink had many delicacies to choose from including cheesy fries, different flavors of wings, and various pizzas. Zekaj hadn't yet chosen what to eat but had been staring at the menu for a good five minutes.

Unlike Zekaj, Hunter wasn't paying attention to the menu but to the fact that he wanted Zekaj.  Would Zekaj even want to now?  They had agreed to do it after the 3rd date, was this too early?

"We'll have uh, an order of cheesy fries and 20 regular wings but with some barbeque sauce."  Zekaj looked over to Hunter.  "Do you want anything else?"

"Huh?"  Hunter asked, not paying attention.

"To order?"  Zekaj smiled.

"Oh yeah uh, I can just share some wings with you, and uh,"  Hunter looked up at the menu and said what his eye caught first.  "Mozzarella sticks."

Zekaj eyes went wide in excitement and quickly paid for their food.  They would bring it to them when done and Zekaj led the way to a table.

Both soulmates took off a layer, Zekaj with his leather jacket and Hunter with Zekaj's sweatshirt he was wearing.  Zekaj stretched his arms and Hunter didn't even bat an eye, missing the "gun show" Zekaj was giving.  Of course, Zekaj noticed this as the main reason he was even stretching was to show off to Hunter.

The void demon frowned watching the human stare at nothing on the table.  Zekaj flexed every bit of his body and yet Hunter didn't even flinch.

"Are you alright?" Zekaj broke the silence.

Hunter looked up into the worried eyes of Zekaj.

"I'm- I'm fine I swear,"  Hunter said, giving a fake smile.

Zekaj gave a knowing look and extended his hand out for Hunter to take.  Their hands slowly met and Zekaj started rubbing the top of Hunter's hand with his, soothing him.

"What are you thinking?"  Zekaj asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine Zeke."  Hunter laughed.

Both watched as their food started to be set down on the table.  The mage looked over at their waiter and saw the black mage marks along his arms.  It was partially hidden by his long sleeves but Hunter assumed his powers had something to do with the earth from what he had seen.

"Enjoy your meal,"  He said to the two.  His green eyes brightened as he smiled.

The waiter left and Hunter tried to pull back his hand but Zekaj kept it in place.  Hunter looked up and saw that Zekaj wasn't glaring at the waiter like he thought he would but instead was looking at him.

"What?"  Hunter asked.

"What's wrong?"  Zekaj repeated himself.

"I'm telling you, dude, I'm fine."  Hunter awkwardly laughed.

Zekaj looked at him like he was dumb and Hunter sighed.  There was no way Hunter was going to tell him he was thinking about letting Zekaj mark him tonight.  He had no idea if he was ready or not first of all and second of all what did Zekaj even think?

"Fine, you have to tell me later though.  I wanna know."  Zekaj demanded.

Hunter rolled his eyes and Zekaj let go of his hand.

"I guess,"  Hunter said.

Hunter grabbed a mozzarella stick off his plate and was about to eat it when he saw Zekaj staring at it out of the corner of his eye.

"Can we share?" Zekaj gave his best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course,"  Hunter smiled.

The two rearranged the placement of the plates so there was easy access for both of them.  Zekaj was more interested in his waffle fries with cheese sauce than anything else.  Well, until he finished those and started on the wings.