Ch. 79 - Roundtable

Goal 2 and Bonus goal have been reached. Book 2 announcement later today... ty all so much!

-mek <3

"How do you know it's us? Especially me?" Zekai asked. He so far had nothing to do with any of this. It was only by association that he was involved.

"The table has a set amount of seats and each part of the table has a marking representing each person at the table. Was the same for us when we first started out and now the table has changed again, representing a new court of Camelot is coming," Arthur explained.

"You have the two spots that are always the same, the King or Queen, and the Great Mage," Merlin added.

"Hunter's obviously the great mage, that's the only seat we're sure of.

Then there's the symbol of the void that could be Zekaj or Zekai. Then others like a 4 eyed demon, a bear, Paranormal imagery that makes it hard to narrow it down to just anyone," Arthur explained. "We're going off guesses right now, we won't know who exactly will sit in each spot until the future king pulls out Excalibur."

"So it could be any of us?" Zekai said. "Really?"

"Definitely Hunter and Zekaj," Merlin shrugged. "Maybe you, then around 10 more seats of people we need to figure out. Thirteen seats in total."

"That sure narrows it down," Zekaj frowned.

"Shouldn't be too hard," Merlin smiled, not noticing Zekaj's sarcasm. "We just have to find whoever the king is and then it'll be instinct to him."

"Well, we don't have to find out who the king is ourselves. Just wait for fate to run its course and they will pull the sword out and alert us," Arthur shrugged. "No use hunting them down but they will be naturally attracted to Camelot and Excalibur. So we just need to keep watch around the town the portal is currently in."

"What was it like when you pulled the sword out?" Hunter asked Arthur.

"Well, my father didn't want me to. You see, I was born a human from a human mother, but I had a demon father. My father wasn't happy about this and was sure I wasn't his kid. So for the longest time, he refused for me to even attempt to pull out the sword. Until Merlin convinced me to go behind his back and try. I had wanted to but I never felt a necessary need to." Merlin smiled at his name being said and put an arm back around Arthur. The two had finally sat back down and the room followed suit. "My father was convinced a human couldn't pull it out until I did."

"And then a lot of other stuff happened and now it's trauma. But the worst days are behind us," Merlin grinned looking at Arthur. "Only good things now."

Arthur said nothing, only giving Merlin a small smile before looking back at his feet.

"I do apologize for not doing anything to help you guys get back together sooner," Arthur said. "It was hard to see how much the separation was hurting you two."

"Thank you," Hunter smiled.

"Fuck you both," Zekaj frowned.

Hunter elbowed him and Zekaj only huffed.

"Whatever, thanks for teaching us a lesson or whatever the fuck," Zekaj rolled his eyes.

"Wait, how much exactly were you stalking us?" Hunter said, coming to a realization that he had never seen Arthur, but he had implied that he had seen Hunter.

"Well, we were with you in the library and Camelot. Then that was really it, besides us checking in on you an hour ago and a couple of times before that." Arthur answered.