Ch. 71 - Return to Earth

"So to get to Hell I used this ritual," Hunter said, pushing the book towards Zekaj. "There aren't any markings for earth though in the ritual."

Zekaj held the book up by one of the sides tilting his head to look at it. His demon wasn't much of a reader and Hunter was happy the guy was at least looking at it. Sure the spine of the book was screaming in pain, but it wasn't exactly their book.

The group was sitting in a room for practicing magic, connected directly to the gym that the family used often. Zekaj and Hunter were standing as Zekai laid flat on the floor staring at the ceiling.

"So how are we going to get back to Earth then?" Zekaj raised an eyebrow, flipping through the other pages of the book.

"Well that's the million-dollar question isn't it?" Hunter sighed.

"Can't we just draw this up again and try that?" Zekaj asked.

"I mean we could but I just don't think we need to."

Zekaj stared at his mate confused. "What do you mean?"

"Like, the power the ritual gave me or unlocked in me, I still feel it, I guess," Hunter sighed, rubbing his face.

"Well the book did say "pass through the veil, become the bridge"," Zekaj mentioned. "Never said which way."

"But then how do I open the veil up or whatever to pass through?" Hunter said.

"Have you thought about just trying to open a portal to Earth?" Zekai butted into the conversation.

Hunter looked at Zekaj dumbfounded and Zekaj just smiled back.

"It can't be that simple can it?" Hunter asked Zekaj, who only smiled shrugging back.

Zekaj stepped forward, pressing Hunter's back into his chest. Gripping Hunter by the arm, Zekaj raised it up, extending his human's arm out in front of them.

"Have you ever opened a portal before?" Zekaj asked.

"I did during the ritual but I'm not sure if that counts in this scenario," Hunter laughed under his breath.

"It's pretty easy, just have to think about where you want to go, let your magic flow down your hand and off of it. Close your eyes even if you want, let me guide you."

Hunter breathed in deep, closing his eyes. All he could feel was his demon breathing gently along his neck with his body pressed up against his.

"Think about all of the things we did back on earth," Zekaj began to whisper.

Hunter felt Zekaj's other hand begin to creep around the edge of his shirt as it crawled up under it, wrapping his strong arm around his waist.

"It's where you summoned me, where we became best friends," Zekaj pressed his lips against Hunter's neck, hitching the human's breathing. "And lovers."

"I- I'll never forget," Hunter whispered.

Hunter could feel the power in his arms grow as Zekaj watched his golden marks begin to glow.

"It's where we first made love, I know you remember that," Zekaj whispered, pulling his arm back to above Hunter's crotch, playing with the edge of his pants. Teasing Hunter by almost putting his hand down them.

Hunter's breath hitched again, while Zekai on the floor rolled his eyes at how little shame his brother had.

Before Zekaj could mention another memory the ground shook, the chandelier and paintings shaking and threatening to break.

Zekai sat up in shock, "What's happening?"

"The veil, I think it's opening again," Zekaj said, trying to keep Hunter and himself still.