Ch. 10 - Demons

Part 2 - Loving a Demon

Hunter - Age 17 - Beginning of Summer

Void Demons

Otherwise known as Shadow Demons, Void Demon are typically located on the edge of hell, closest to the abyss known as the void. Void Demons excel in the use of Shadow Magic as well as basic Demonic Magic.  They strive in the dark, and attack from the shadows. 

Standing typically in the 6 foot range, their skin ranges from light greys to the darkest blacks with only the gold markings on their bodies being any accent of color.

Hunter continued reading.

Like all Demons, they're master manipulators.

"What!"  Hunter thought.  He continued on.

Summoning a Void Demon is also risky, they will always find a way to backstab and manipulate a mage into doing their bidding.  Making a contract with them is incredibly dangerous, they try to keep deals ambiguous so they can go about their dangerous schemes.

Never. Summon. Alone.

Hunter looked at his hand where the symbol of zekaj would be if it wasn't hidden.  "What exactly was our deal?"  He thought.

"It's a deal, Friends." Zekaj's voice echoed in his mind.  Hunter had remembered the deal they made almost two years ago.  He realized he basically did the exact opposite of what the book said to do.

Hunter looked over at the Void Demon in his room.  Zekaj was laying on his bed playing on their switch, his focus entirely being on his Animal Crossing Island.

"Could he be playing the long con?"  Hunter thought as he watched Zekaj play games on his bed. 

"Fuck!" Zekaj screamed, causing Hunter to jump in his seat.  "Stupid fucking spiders." He mumbled.

Hunter just laughed, he knew Zekaj would never betray him.  Hunter went back to reading the Demonomicon.

Notable Void Demons

Hunter was surprised by the first name and picture to appear.

Lord Zekaj, Son of the Voidkeeper

Demon Lord Zekaj is a ruthless demon known for his destructiveness in magic and combat.  No enemy is too hard a foe for this demon.  With the power to take on multiple covens at a time, Zekaj should not be summoned wearily, most mages who summon him end up doing his bidding due to his trickery.

Summoning Zekaj requires around 5+ mages to summon.  The recommended amount is around 10 in order to keep him from tricking the whole group. 

"That's funny," Hunter thought , "I summoned him alone."

On the other side of the book was a portrait of Zekaj, with him scowling in the drawing.  It looked exactly like Zekaj at the time Hunter had summoned him.  Now his constant scowl is mostly gone.

The other names in the book were demons of lesser standing compared to Zekaj but were easier to summon.

"So your dad is the Voidkeeper?"  Hunter asked Zekaj who was still playing on the switch.  Zekaj's attention immediately left the switch, moving over to Hunter.

"Yeah."  Zekaj said, sitting up on the bed.  "He watches over the void and basically makes sure nothing weird comes out.  Not that difficult of a job, at least not unless something weird does come out of the void.  That's never good.  I mean we're good at fighting whatever the void throws at us, since it's our job.  It's why void demons are good at fighting.  Naturally it left that part out though."  Zekaj said as he read the small description of void demons in the book.