Ch. 23 - 1

Hunter didn't feel the normal freezing cold of the portal as Zekaj and him traveled to the theater. The mating bond was warming them both up due to the intimate kiss the two were sharing.

Neither noticed they had stopped traveling and continued making out... in a public restroom.

Hunter opened his eyes and saw their surroundings. The bathroom was nice and the stall itself was clean, it was a lot better than the one on the beach.

Hunter looked at Zekaj, who still had his eyes closed and was leaning deeper into the kiss. Hunter backed away before they had another issue regarding Zekaj's horniness in a public bathroom.

Hunter watched the familiar frown appear on Zekaj's face before he opened his eyes and took in his surroundings. His frown lingered as he tried to move around the small stall but his broad, muscular, back kept him stuck in between the stall wall and the wall itself.

"Help." Zekaj whimpered.

Hunter laughed as Zekaj tried to wiggle himself out of the situation.

"Dammit," Zekaj muttered to himself as his body turned to shadow and he teleported to outside of the stall.

"What's with you and teleporting us into bathroom stalls?" Hunter chuckled, easily exiting the stall.

"I wasn't exactly aiming this time, thank you very much." Zekaj growled. "A certain someone was distracting me." Zekaj pointed an angry finger at Hunter who shrugged.

"Hey, I wanted a kiss." Hunter raised his hands in defense.

"At least we didn't break the stall door this time." Zekaj said, checking himself out in the mirror. Zekaj smirked to himself in the mirror and gave himself a quick flex.

Hunter watched him the whole time in the mirror, rolling his eyes as Zekaj fixed his hair and flexed a couple more times. The two finally made eye contact as Zekaj was about to stop.

Zekaj wiggled his eyebrows to Hunter in the mirror as he kept his biceps flexed in the mirror.

"See something you like?" Zekaj asked. "Nevermind, I already know the answer."

Zekaj stopped and walked over to Hunter and took his hand and held it. He tugged on it as he moved to leave the bathroom. The familiar warmth moved up both of their arms as they headed to buy tickets.

Hunter wasn't scared about being in public with Zekaj romantically. He knew that Zekaj wouldn't let harm come to either of them, and no one would dare attack the 300-pound muscular demon that was holding his hand.

The two soulmates stood and looked at the selection of movies they were presented with. Zekaj still didn't know many of the titles that were on the screen, but he had already chosen one that he was interested in.

"A scary movie?" Hunter asked warily.

"It's perfect for us! I can make fun of demon stereotypes and you can hold onto me for emotional support." Zekaj smiled, squeezing Hunter's hand. It was a simple way for Zekaj to tell Hunter that he'd protect him, even if the movie wasn't real.

"Alright." Hunter whispered, leaning closer to Zekaj.

The two soulmates walked up to the counter and Zekaj paid for the tickets. The movie was starting soon. Zekaj asked Hunter if he wanted any popcorn or candy but Hunter said he was good.

Hunter had seen the receipt and the movie was pretty expensive. It made sense why when they got into the screening room itself. There were multiple single seats and a few booths. Zekaj quickly tugged Hunter up the steps and into a booth so the two could cuddle.