Ch. 50 - PTSD

The silver key slipped from Hunter's fingers and the sharp ding filled the otherwise silent room.

Emrys.

The man he met at the Institute was a Spirit Demon.

Sure something felt off about the man but this?  This he didn't expect.

Emrys was an over one thousand-year-old demon.  Of a species that was supposed to be extinct but actually wasn't.  They were all just sleeping.  Hundreds of feet in the ground to be exact.

So if Emrys was around again, that must have meant Arthur had been healed?  That meant they were looking for the king then.

Well PK had tried to pull it out and failed.  And Hunter "attempted" too, so who was the king?

Was the king even alive yet?

Hunter looked around the darkroom and saw that PK was nowhere to be found.  Leaning down, Hunter picked up the key from the floor and slipped it into his pocket.  Maybe it unlocked something in the castle?

It felt like this was all planned.  That fate meant for him to come to Amet and find all of this.  Emrys too had pushed for him to go to Amet.

Emrys or Merlin.  Whatever.  Hunter didn't know what to call him now.  Did he prefer one or the other?

Hunter shined the flashlight around the room and saw a door had been opened.  PK must have gone further into these hidden rooms.  Walking into the tunnel,  Hunter continued to think to himself.

Emrys had wanted him to go to Amet/Camelot and see all of this.  Why?  Did he know of his current struggles?  Was he trying to show him how to get to Zekaj?  Was the way to Hell here?

Hunter wasn't sure where else to look.  So much of the castle was blocked off even with him being in the otherwise locked-off parts.

Hunter didn't realize when the hallway ended and another room began.

His light shined across the room before falling onto the large body of PK in the corner.

PK was holding some sort of vial of glowing magenta liquid.  Hunter slowly walked over to him, not trying to startle him.

It was no use when PK quickly turned to stare at him from the corner of his eyes.  His thumb slowly hovered over the top of the vial, before pressing down exposing a needle at the bottom.

Before Hunter could react, the needle became logged into PK's thigh, emptying its contents into himself.

Electricity, ranging from purples and blues, rippled throughout his body, causing low growls and twitching.  Hunter watched on as PK's glowing white eyes darkened to red.  Pk quickly closed his eyes and all Hunter could see was the deep void, with flashes of electricity darting across his face.

The leather strained against his bulging muscles as the electricity took over him.  Was this what he wanted?

The electricity slowly subsided, and Hunter just watched him.  His eyes were still closed and he sat there motionless, only the heavy breathing from PK could be heard in the otherwise silent room.

PK's whole body was shaking heavily in reaction to whatever entered his body.  The Pack Killer's tight grip on the vial became too much as the glass smashed into pieces.

Hunter slowly stepped back away from the Pack Killer, bumping into a large object that was in his way.

His glowing white eyes suddenly opened and were staring at Hunter.  The Pack Killer grasped the box of more vials and suddenly vanished in a purple static.