Ch. 61 - Uncomplicating Things

"Well, it's complicated."

Hunter wasn't even sure where to start. Emrys/Merlin was a complicated thing he still didn't have all the answers for.

"Well uncomplicate it," Zekaj frowned.

"Heh, ok let me think of where to start," Hunter thought that the beginning was always the best.

"Well Max and AJ agreed with me that the best place to look for any sort of portal was the spirit world. So I went to the Institute for information and well I met this guy."

"GUY?!?!" Zekaj growled. "AJ AND MAX??!?!?"

"It's not like that! He's already mated, dude. And both of them have calmed down a lot and only wanted to help me! AJ and I even made up!"

Zekaj rolled his eyes and Hunter continued.

"He told me his name was Emrys Wyles and that he was an expert on the spirit world. Emrys was strange, almost like way too excited to talk about it. He pointed me in the proper direction and told me to check out the Lost City of Amet. I had suspicions but I was desperate. He helped me work through some of my pain though which was nice."

"I don't like him."

"Zekaj, shut up and let him finish," Zekai said, as he leaned forward in interest.

"Well after all of that I went to Wisconsin to get to Amet. I wandered the castle for a while and came to an entrance that was partially open but was a tight fit. Well, something spooked me and I dropped my flashlight. It rolled over to a set of armor in the corner of the room and I thought it was just an armor stand but it wasn't."

Zekaj squinted his eyes and frowned.

"It was the Pack Killer."

Zekaj stood up slamming his fits on the table.

"WHAT?" Zekaj yelled. "AND YOU RAN OUT OF THERE RIGHT?"

"Well I uh, kinda teamed up with him."

Zekaj facepalmed and slumped back into his seat as his brother tried to stifle his laughter. His parents motioned for Hunter to continue.

"I didn't have much of a choice, it was either do what he said or die." Hunter rubbed the back of his neck, remembering how PK had grabbed him by it. "We got in and there's this sword on a pedestal in the center of the room. Well, I touched it and saw a vision of sorts of the past. Basically, Amet is Camelot. Just some of the letters had faded on the outside of the building. I also saw the spirit world on fire and a spirit demon holding this guy, Arthur, and calling someone Lancelot. Well, we went exploring, found a key and I had visions again, this time I saw the same spirit demon turn into a human and it was Emrys. So Emrys is Merlin and basically, he's mated to Arthur who was the King of Camelot, and now that the sword, Excalibur, is inside the pedestal they have to wait for the king to pull it out for Camelot to return to its former glory. Merlin himself was the great wizard, mate to Arthur." Hunter breathed in after talking for so long.

"PK was there for these vials of something. Lancelot and Merlin had called them addictive and that Lancelot didn't like them or something. It was used to heal Arthur back up who I assume is up and running now. Emrys, or Merlin, made it sound like he was awake, so." Hunter shrugged.

"You gave the Pack Killer a nickname?" Zekaj frowned.

"Yeah," Hunter blushed. Zekaj huffed, rolling his eyes again.

"And this key opened the book?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah, the one Zekaj and I found at the Institute," Hunter assumed Zekaj had mentioned it to them. "I assume Merlin must have planted it there for us to find."