XXI

The weather was calm and cold. The wind was soft yet sharp.
It was a thursday morning. The snowflakes falling on the ground looked calm just like how Taehyung felt.

He was watching the snowing from outside the window, as he sipped from his morning coffee. For the first time in his life, he hadn't woken up with a headache. He had slept well.

Aside from that, the peace he felt was unbelievably calming... he loved it.

Standing back up, he decided to go outside. But before he could, Lee placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Jungkook's instructions were clear- stay inside. Besides your cold will get worse."

Taehyung sighed as he sat back down. He used Jungkook's name on purpose, because he knew that he'd listen.

"When will you leave for work?"

Lee furrowed his eyebrows. So Jungkook was rigjt after all. He wanted to be alone huh...

"I was about to leave, just came to check up on you. How do you feel?"

Taehyung looked down at his fingers and started to play with them. He seemed somewhat happy.

"Like i never felt... i never knew that it was such a calm feeling to feel like this. With the deamon inside me, every day was like a torture. I couldn't even hear my own toughts or... have anyone beside me."

He couldn't even have his own father stand by him because he was always too busy. Too busy, trying to fix his mistake.

Lee scratched his neck before standing straight. He then looked at Taehyung with sofy eyes... eyes which he had never shown to anyone to before.

"Taehyung... i know that it's too late... but... i'm sorry. Back then i was obsessed with becoming the most powerfull that i never gave it tought just how much more important my family was. And because of me... your mother..."

Taehyung squinted his eyes, not wanting to listen anymore. It was unbearable.

"I get it... but it's too late now. You know that i could never forgive you for the mistake you've done. It'll always be with me... wherever i go."

Lee looked down as his shoulders fell. He knew that Taehyung wouldn't be able to forgive him yet hearing it from him was still painfull. After all, what he had done was not just some simple mistake... it was unchangeable. After taking in a deep breath he turned around.

"Then... i'll be leaving. Eat something, or i might end up calling Jungkook over."

After taking his leave, Taehyung sighed. Just as he toughy. It was still as stressfull to be around him. But... he could go by. After all, his painfull days were over... finally.

                           𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

Hansuk softly knocked on the door before entering Lee's office- only to find him all gloomy.

"Morning... everything alright? Why did you call me?"

Lee raised his head to look at him and gave him a half broken smile.

"I was just feeling conflicted... and tired. Mind keeping me company?"

Hansuk looked back and forth, indicating that he had something to do. And Lee took the hint.

"... that is, if you don't have something else..."

Honestly, seeing Lee's situation reminded him of his own past. The way he used to feel always down because he had to protect his family all on his own... they were tought times.