LXXVIII

...
The screech was loud enough to break his eardrums as he backed away.

No wonder Sungho had enough of these goblin attacks. Their screeches were as loud and as painfull as sirens.

Taking a moment to glance at the creature, Taehyung could guess that it was a B class goblin.
He could tell so by looking at his claws and teeth. He had dark red eyes that glowed in the dark, while his teeth were sharp yet not too long. And his fur was dark grey, dark black claws smearing in blood emerging from within them. It must've killed something or someone to have that red tint of ink on his hands. And it was definetly blood, because the moment he had entered, it was already started to smell very heavily of blood.

Taking his moment to watch the creature wince in pain under the flaming chains, Taehyung raised his hand behind him and then grabbed the antique blade from above the fireplace.
It had belonged to Jungkook if he could remember. He was skilled in sword arts thanks Hansuk's nagging all the time.

And about Hansuk, he had actually found a better job as a journalist and had to part his ways with Lee. As for their releationship... it wasn't too affectionate or too distant. Nobody really knew of their releationship status and neither did anyone question it. For that reason, it remained a complete mystery.

But going back to the current situation.. Taehyung took in a deep breath before pointing the blade at the creature.
Seeing that Taehyung took motive, the goblin suddenly screeched again before struggling and then slipping out of the chains.

But instead of attacking Taehyung, he went for the blade and bit it before ripping it out of his hands and throwing it away. And that is when he finally battet its eyes to Taehyung and jumped on top of him.

Taehyung kept his cool and placed his hands on the soft parts of its jaw to keep it open. So the goblin kept smacking his teeth into thin air, without being able to get a bite out of Taehyung.

But he was still coming closer as Taehyung's strength just wasnt enough to keep him away. The goblin was too strong.

So in the moment of a chance, when the goblin pulled his head away to get ready for yet another pointless bite attack, Taehyung suddenly showed his hand onto his throat and chanted a spell.

"Ardeat!"

As he screamed the word, his hand suddenly lit in fire, making the goblins neck fry up in only moments.

Annoyed and in pain, the goblin knew that he couldn't bite his face off, so it suddenly pointed his eyes at Taehyung's hand before biting at it, despite it burning his throat from the inside out.

Taehyung suddenly got startled and by accident stopped chanting the spell and made the flames die down.

As soon as he did, the goblin slowly dragged its teeth down Taehyung's arm, making him scream in pain.

His teeth were digging deep into his skin as they slid down to his hand.

In the moment of adrenaline, Taehyung quickly pulled his hand away, making the goblins chin close back very harshly.

The goblin then winced at the pain of biting its own mouth and quickly ran out of the house from the window.

Loosing a heavy flow of blood, Taehyung held his arm in pain while trying to stand up.
He then pulled it up to look, only for his eyes to jolt open in fear. It was gone... his ring... it... IT WAS GONE!

He quickly turned his head towards the window and saw the back of the goblin dissapear into the woods. But just before he went out of sight, Taehyung made a circle with his pointer finger and thumb and locked a tracking spell on him.
The spell wasn't as strong since he couldn't keep himself concantrated, but he hoped that it would still hold out for some time.

Witch Academy | TaeKook ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें