XXVIII

Seokjin cleared his throat as he took a seat on the table.

"Well then- you have told me that... you'd be fine with getting thrown out of the council of witches... is that right Kim Sungho?"

Sungho nodded, as he leaned on his chair. Meanwhile Lee, who was sitting across him glared at Seokjin.

"I'm not shure if being thrown out is the only thing you have in mind right?"

Seokjin nodded, crossing his legs beneath the table.

"That is correct. You must have a lot of knoweledge on the subject Mr. Kim, knowing how you are very loyal to us."

Lee smiled sacrastically as he clenched his jaw.

"As much as it can get... so what is it you want from him?"

Seokjin swallowed before opening his mouth.

"Since your son has opposed the council many times, we have no choice but to exhile him to his death in hell. Unless... he gives back what he once took."

Sungho swallowed while Lee turnd to his son.

"Okay.. so what did you take?"

Seokjin answered in his stead, his face as serious as ever.

"It was a piece of important magic, from the tree of life. Now, i don't have no need to explain what the tree of life is- but if that magic is not returned by the next month, our connectiom to hell will severe."

He then stood up, ready to leave.

"So, you have 4 weeks time to give us back the magic. And i won't think of running away if i were you. Because unlike the last time... we can track you. Well then, good afternoon and see you soon."

As he left the office, Lee looked at Sungho in disbelief.

"Just when i think that it couldn't get any worse- you steal magic from the tree of life? You can't be serious!"

Sungho sighed. He seemed somewhat stressed.

"So where is it? Give it back and you'll be done with it-"

Sungho squeezed his eyes shut, terrified for his death maybe.

"I can't- when i took the magic it bonded with my soul... so if i take it out... my soul will be ripped out as well. I will die either ways."

Lee rubbed the temple of his head before sliding his hair back.

"There... might be some way to take the magic out without pulling out your soul."

Sungho raised it head up with hopefull eyes.

"Really? Then- i can live- but how-?"

This shure was getting intense.
So Lee raised his hand up to calm him down.

"I said- there might be. So i have to check first- then i'll come back to you. So, just wait."

With that Lee left the conference room, leaving Sungho alone.

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

The castle was big yet cold. They had lit the fireplace to keep a room of the castle warm, while the both sat on the vintage couch, wrapped in blankets.

"Hhahahaha!~ no way- so what did you do next?"

Goo raised his hands up with a smug smile.