LXIII

Haneul pulled his head up to fix the curtains as a long sigh left his mouth.
He had been feeling down... because of certain reasons.
But he would've never tought that seeing Taehyung's face again would make him feel even worse.

"Man- you look lonely. Now i wonder why..."

The familiar yet not so familiar voice spoke in a sarcastic manner as it came closer.
To that, Haneul turned around to face the one and only Jeon Jungkook.

"Did you come to mock me? I regret it enough- so no need-"

Jungkook crosses his arms, a bit taken back by his choice of words.

"What- now you're trying to play the good guy? But well, i knew you weren't aiming for Taehyung."

Haneul's eyes widened as he looked back up at him.

"You... do?"

Jungkook shrugged, taking a walk around the room to look around.

"But Taehyung doesn't. And despite not knowing- he still told me to keep away from you. Isn't it interesting?"

This fact couldn't help but Haneul think that there might still been a chance- which.. got shut down eventually at Jungkook's next words.

"But that doesn't mean there is a chance for you. I can see that you yearn for him- but he doesn't. So i would advise you to give up... Haneul."

Haneul frowned, feeling conflicted.

"How... how do you excpect me to? You know what loving someone is like. Feeling like you can't stay apart from them... when they get hurt- it hurts you more-"

Jungkook frowned back as he stopped at his steps. Now he stood right before Haneul, only a hand away from his face.

"That is exactly why you should let go. He is happy with me- but he won't be with you. He loves me- and so do i him- so leave it if you love him that much."

Haneul couldn't answer back as he stood there, speechless. Jungkook was right with every word he said and it annoyed him.
But letting go would admit his defeat- and his ego wasn't that fragile to break.

But then again... when he reminded himself of Taehyung's smile and his warmth... there was no way he could continue this.
When they kissed, the way he looked at him with disqust... that hurt him. No- that had hurt them both.
So maybe... this should've been the best.

As he watched him immerse himself in the conflict of his emotions, Jungkook sighed.

"Isn't there someone else you like? Maybe that would help change your mind."

At that- Lucas came to mind. But then he brushed off the toughts as quickly as he could and shook his head. He didn't deserve him- he couldn't.

"No no... you're right. I... i- i will let go. That's what's best for Taehyung after all.."

Jungkook hummed, now turning around.

"And apologize to Taehyung. Or i will make you myself."

After he left the room, Haneul sighed.
He had bought this upon himself after all. Not that he was scared... it was just his guilt that made him miserable.

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

Taehyung tilted his head to the side to get a better view of the decorations he had just put on the stage of the main hall.
It seemed fine yet... something seemed rather off.