XII

Taehyung took in a deep breath as he stood in the middle of the academy lobby.
The place was dark with no lights lit and it was as empty as the basements. That was because today was Sortis and everyone was outside in the woods, enjoying themselves.

"You know... this feels weird."

Jungkook who had been looking at his grimmoire the whole time to see if anything was missing, finally raised his head up to look at Taehyung.

"How so? Because you're topless?"

Taehyung scratched his arm, but it was really an excuse to cover his chest. It made Jungkook a bit intrigued. He smirked, biting the pen as he eyed his body.

"No.... well... yes but... the feeling of hope. Could it actually end tonight?"

Jungkook took the pen out of his mouth and placed it on Taehyung's collarbone.

"We won't know without trying. And besides- it's the perfect oppurtunity since the academy is empty. Don't you think?"

Taehyung swallowed as Jungkook slowly slid the pen down to his abdomen and touched his belt. He tapped on it two times before pulling his arm back.

"You shure you don't want to get completely naked? The magic might get absorbed into you faster- and it could be more effective."

Taehyung let out a warm breath as he averted his gaze.

"I think i'm fine. I've endured it this long... rushing won't change anything."

Jungkook shrugged, walking towards the pentagram, which they had drawn with goat blood.

"Okay then. Now lay down so we can start. Oh and also- i brought some help to contain the deamon."

Taehyung raised his head up in disqust as he saw his father walk down the stairs.

"Are the preperations ready?"

Jungkook nodded, looking back at the book.

"I just need you to create a barrier and- yeah.."

Lee smiled, standing before the pentagram.

"Why look at me with such dispute when i'm only here to help?"

Taehyung frowned, clenching his fists.

"I'm only here in this mess because of you to begin with."

Lee's smile slowly faded away, as his expression got more serious.

"You know that i feel nothing but regret for what i have done. And i need to fix it. But i don't want you dying on me in the process too."

Taehyung bit inside his cheek as he took his shoes off and walked inside the pantagram, bare foot. If Jungkook chose to trust him in this then so be it.
He then layed down on the bloody striped, letting himself be smeared by the red liquid.

After he did so, Jungkook handed him a knife to slit his hand open.

"I want you to let your blood drip onto your heart as you repeat what i say. Okay? And you can't say a word false. Or you might get trapped in Limbo."

Taehyung didn't say anything as he took the knife and slit his hand open. He then raised his arm up and let the blood drip onto his chest, where his heart was. And so the ritual began.

As Father Lee created a impenetrable barrier around his son, Taehyung repeated every word of spell Jungkook told him to.
But once he had finished, his eyes darkened and the eyelids fell close.