VIII

Jungkook took in a deep breath, feeling the calming night air sooth his lungs. The weather was a bit windy, making the trees brush onto each other.

Then suddenly, Taehyung appeared from behind Jungkook, startling him.

"Woa- h-hey."

Taehyung smiled slightly before averting his gaze away.

"Hey."

Both could feel how awkward it was at the moment as they walked towards the academy.
Knowing Taehyung, he probably didn't even know how to start a conversation so Jungkook decided to take the matters into his own hands.

"So... how did you sleep last night?"

Caught unguard, Taehyung glanced at Jungkook as he tried to make words come out his mouth.

"Oh- ehm... as much as i could... you know..."

Oh right. Jungkook winced at his stupidity as he remembered the curse. He should not have asked that.

"Right... sorry."

Taehyung shook his head, looking at the path before them.

"It's fine. Got used to it. Though- if i had slept with you then maybe it would be more comftable."

It took a while for Jungkook to react to it as his eyes widened and ears became red. Woah there...

"M-maybe we should try it then.."

Fuck. He didn't mean to say that. He just wanted to answer him back jokingly but it came out too seriously. The toning was wrong. Oops..

Meanwhile, Taehyung was lost in tought thinking how comftable it would actually be to sleep in this state. Being beside Jungkook was like being isolated in the middle of the forest. Calm and comftable. It felt as if nothing he would do would be judged. It was refreshing.

Both consumed by their toughts, soon made it to the academy. And from the looks of it, they were not going to get any more comftable than they should.

The moment the class started, the teacher came in through the door with a... person, who made Jungkook feel rather uneasy inside.

He had completely black eyes, reflecting almost no light. Just like his eyes, his hair was black and slicked back, just a couple strands brushing his eyebrows.
The dark claret red suit, matched with his black gloves, which he seemed to have a care for, stood out more than his long black cane did.

But else, his aura was terrifying and his gaze made him feel small. Much like Taehyung's in a way.

"So, today there-"

The tall mysterious man simply raised his hand up, making the teacher shut his mouth.
His eyes traced around the classroom and upon spotting Jungkook, he smirked.

"Hello.. my fellow warlocks and witches. I know that it is... unusual for me to visit the classroom but, i have come bearing some, pleasant news which all of you will like."

His voice was deep and raspy as if he hadn't talked in days. Yet it was somehow calming to listen to.

But the moment he spoke, the idle chatter filled in the room. He could hear some girls gasping and whispering in ave, as they started complimenting the man. While some warlocks just fistbumped each other, hoping that the news which he spoke of were more pleasant than they had hoped.

But aside from them, Jungkook turned his head around to see Taehyung's expression. And he did not seemed pleased with this situation at all.
To break in the ice, he tapped in his palm, which was lying on the table.