XCII

"Haha! I can't believe you told them to just back off and leave it to us!"

Sungho laughed out, making Jungkook and Taehyung both chuckle.

"Really, it was about courage. Thank you... for defending me."

Taehyung spoke out with the sweetest, and softest words he could, making Jungkook hug him.

"Ofcourse i did. After hearing them talk like that... ripping one of their heads off would've been more suitable but... i suppose i shouldn't."

Taehyung smiled as he left a small peck on Jungkook's lips and hugged him back.

Meanwhile Sungho laughed out again, reminding himself of how he spoke. Noone had ever gone against the board members like that. And Jungkook having done that was a good feeling to him, since now, he was finally able to relax his desires to kill them all.

"If this continues like this- i might just overlook you hurting Taehyung in the past. You're redeeming yourself after all."

Jungkook oh'ed, smiling. Yet that smile held a sarcasm in it, which Sungho wanted to cease to see. But naturally, the rest saw it. Especially Sangjun.

"That's generous of you."

Sungho smirked with crossed arms while Sangjun placed his hand on top of his shoulder and frowned at him.

"Yeah, how generous..."

Sungho glared at him in return. And Taehyung saw the tension in between and decided to break them off.

"W-well, anyways. Since they finally backed off, we can do the job ourselves. So we should be fast but careful."

Sangjun crossed his arms while walking back to his corner as he now seemed angry with Sungho for some reason.

"True. But how should we start the investigation? As close as i could get to figuring anything out was finding that creater. And getting close to it was a big failiure."

Taehyung looked down. Thoughtfull.
But then he remembered what Jungkook had said before and decided to confide in him.

"Jungkook? What would you do? I mean... Lucifer must've sent you here with a plan in mind right?"

Jungkook broke from the hug and leaned against the table. Meanwhile his hands played with the hem of his lovers' shirt.

"He did... but it's not exactly a plan. You see, exactly three years ago, around the time i went to hell, Lucifer said that souls have been going havoc and escaping hell from imprisonment because of his absence. So with me by his side, we went around the mortal realm for a couple of weeks, gathering the souls and putting them back into their places in hell. So then, everything was fine for some time until-"

Then Sungho cut him off.

"What does that have to do with our goblin situation exactly?"

Taehyung smacked his arm before giving him a glare to listen instead of talk. So he pouted and did as he was told.

"... until, the souls started escaping yet again. But this time, Lucifer could not track the souls that escaped from hell. It seemed as though they had completely dissapeared from existence, having no tracks of their existence whatsoever."

Taehyung hummed, thoughtfull.

"Did they maybe undergo a mutation?"

Jungkook smiled, proud to hear him say it as he squeezed his waist.