VI

It was any day like the other yet it was also not. A week or so had passed since them becoming friends, and it seemed that they were coming closer.

At the moment though, they were both sitting near a lake, away from the wards of the academy.
Jungkook was reading a book while Taehyung was searching for something in the water.

"This is tiring- you do it."

Jungkook raised his head up and frowned.

"You were the one who wanted my special healing potion. So suck it up."

Taehyung groaned before turning back around and pushing his hands back inside the water.

The warmth was chill and the breeze was slow, making the weather perfectly splendid.
Jungkook was lost in his own world, inside the book which was about-

"What are you reading anyways? Books can't be as interesting as reality..."

Getting interrupted wasn't something he preffered yet Taehyung ceased to understand that with his endless groaning and complaining.

"Well, to me it is. The story i'm reading about is about a butterfly and his owner."

Taehyung scoffed while doing what he was still doing.

"Heh- butterflies have owners now? Much like a familiar."

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head.

"This is not a familiar though- the book was written by a human."

Taehyung could never understand why he would meddle himself with the mortal affairs as he found it absolutely uninteresting. To him- like any other warlock, humans were nothing but weak little insects who put their nose everywhere. He wasn't interested in them and didn't want to be.

"The story is about discovery and taste. After the mortal finds the butterfly, they spend a whole day together until the end of the book... he watches him die."

Not suprising for mortals- Taehyung tought as he finally grabbed onto what he was searching for and pulled it out of the water.

"Well that sounds like a shit story. That whole 300 page book is just about a day? One single day?"

Jungkook looked up at the sky, feeling the breeze in his hair.

"Words explain a lot- as there are lots of things happening around us every second. You can talk about the wind blowing on your face- or the grass moving between your fingers as you slide your hand through it- or... you can write about the unendless feelings the protagonist might have."

As Taehyung walked out of the water and stepped on the grass, he threw the pile of wild-meer-flower before Jungkook's feet.

"Sounds boring to me. You can experience it yourself anyways- why bother reading?..."

Jungkook looked at the flowers before him before raising his head up to smile.

"Sometimes it's fun to imagine, rather than doing it yourself. First hand experience isn't always the best."

Taehyung slowly let out his breath as he watched Jungkook smile kindly. It was a mesmerising sight really. Tough he didn't like putting his mind into useless things like this, for some reason it felt dearing to listen to when Jungkook explained it. It was pleasing. If he was the one telling the story, he would not mind listening at all... he tought while cleaning himself up.

Meanwhile Jungkook who was finished with his book, stood up and grabbed the flowers.

"Well then- i think this much should be enough. Let's go back to the academy so i can mix them with the other ingredients."