XCVII

The wind was blowing kindly while the sweet autumn sun shined right above their bodies.

There they layed on the colourfull leaf coloured grass by the lake, immersing themselves in the soft autumn breeze.
Taehyung's head was on top of Jungkook's thighs, laying on the ground while the older sat, his head pointed at the sky for sunbathing.

"I'm not sure you'll get much sun on an autumn day like this."

Jungkook snickered, ready to prove him wrong with just a flick of a finger. Yet Taehyung was fast to stop him with a slight pat on the stomach.

"Does the breeze feel good?"

Jungkook asked, his eyes gazing on Taehyung's face, body, skin and flesh. Mesmerised by it all.

"Yes... i'm so glad we came. I had missed the scenery."

It had been Jungkook who had asked him to come out for a small stroll near their usual lake. Thus, they had come, and were more than pleased by the sight before their eyes.

"And i am happy about it... to spend time here with you, like this. But... i can't help but be curious. It was too sudden when you called me out- even made me leave my piled up work."

Jungkook's lips curled into a smile, his hand slowly going inside his pocket.

"I do have something for you. It was actually thanks to Liz that i got the idea."

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat, already knowing what to excpect as he looked up at his hand, which now held a small box.

"When she said it mattered... i got sort of taken aback. After all... i had thought that you wouldn't want one anymore after having lost yours. But... as your lover, i suppose i should be more careful about these things."

He gaze Taehyung the box, letting him open it with a small smile on his lips.

Taehyung looked at the two rings inside the books, analysing the small patterns on them before taking the smaller one out to look at the writings inside.

"...anathemate, connexus fato.."

His cheeks became red while his chesr became warm.

"That's..."

He trailed off, watching as Jungkook continued his words.

"...our story. Do you like it?"

He asked while kissing Taehyung's hand after he had put the ring on.

"Definetly less tacky than the one Lucifer gave."

Jungkook chuckled and so did Taehyung before going up on his knees.

As Jungkook sat between his legs, he held Taehyung's waist and pulled him closer.

"But.... it's beautiful. I love it.."

Jungkook's eyes Taehyung's lips, letting him wrap his arms around his neck before leaning in for a deep kiss.

But as hey kissed, Taehyung's lips started to slowly quiver while his body shivered cold.

Worried, Jungkook broke away and looked up, raising his hand to wipe away his salty sweet tears away.

"Shh... don't cry."

Taehyung shook his head, biting his lip.

"I am... not crying... it's just... back then, when i used to be alone, i had never thought that there would come a day and i would be with the man i love."

Jungkook couldn't help but smile, his heart beating fast as he hugged Taehyung tightly in his embrace.

"Ah... Taehyung... we have all eternity to be together now. We age slower than humans... and will continue to be together even after death... ahh... we are lucky. That.... sounds selfish now that i said it."

Taehyung chuckled, his heart warm face hot.
Jungkook then grabbed Taehyung's hand and then placed it on his own cheek, letting him feel the warmth of his face and skin.

"But... in truth... i had also never though that i'd find you... after all that hardship i faced. Yet here we are... found each other at last."

Taehyung's lips curled, giggling.

"You make it sound like a cliché love story- stop that-"

Jungkook gave out a loud laugh as he suddenly rolled on the ground a couple times while hugging Taehyung, before stopping right above him.

"How is our love story cliché? I think it was really dark and deep... see- even the ring thinks so-"

Taehyung laughed back, raising his hand up to look at his ring.

"He can't think... he's... silver"

Jungkook smiled before intertwining his fingers with Taehyung's and then softly pinning them onto the ground.

"Then how is it a 'he'?"

They both knew they were talking nonsense as they stared into each others eyes with a dazed captivation.

Another moment pass, Taehyung's lips parted. Yet not for a kiss, but for something even better.

"Is this what love feels like?"

Jungkook blushed, his ears slightly red. It made Taehyung smile in shock. After all, it had been long since he'd seen him blush like that.

"L-ove? W-who knows..."

Taehyung then chuckled before cupping his cheeks.

"Jungkook, i love you."

Jungkook's heart started to beat fast, his head almost about to burn off in flames.

Seeing how he was unresponsive from blushing, Taehyung decided to continue.

"I love you, i love you... i love-"

Just then, Jungkook closed the gap between their faces by pressing his own lips onto his.

Yet it had been just a small peck, giving Taehyung an innocent little feeling of having butterflies in his stomach like a little kid. It reminded him of the very first time they kissed.

"I love you... too."

And that is what took for them to hug each other tightly in their embrace, feeling the warmth of one another while their rings grazed by the intertwining of their fingers.

And just like that, what had taken for their hearts to find each other was but, just a curse while their fate did the rest.

Just like how it said on the ring, bound by a curse, connected by fate.

The End