XLVIII

Ah... there it was.
The soft romantic melody that played at the bar. It was luring and calming, giving the effect of a kind melancohly.
It almost lingered inside people's hearts, making them spit out whatever it was in their hearts.
Maybe that was the reason for Lucas' bar's existence.

But today especially, it felt the more charming. Or maybe it was just how Taehyung saw it, considering that he was in a good mood.

So slowly, he made his way downstairs from the ground floor, to the dark, deep and mysterious bar, not so far beneath the academy.

Upon seeing him walk in, a kind smile plastered onto Lucas' face, making Taehyung feel the more welcomed.

"Oh- if it isn't the quiet beauty... what brings you here? Love trouble i presume.."

Taehyung shook his head as he slowly took a seat before the counter, now facing Lucas.

"Not really... i just wanted to take a moment to relax and... you know what."

Lucas hummed, slowly prepearing a drink.

"I see. Well, i appriciate your choice of place to do so. Here-"

Taehyung grabbed his newly prepeares drink before taking a sip.
Meanwhile Lucas observed his face quietly as he leaned on the counter.

"So how have you been holding up? Have things been diffrent?"

Taehyung averted his gaze, feeling slightly shy. He never spoke openly to anyone... not to people like him anyways.

"I guess... i was a bit depressed but... then i figured something out. And it seems that things might fix themselves soon.."

Lucas raised his eyerbrow, not shure about what he meant.
But then he remembered his talk with Haneul last night. The way he left with a frown... it had just left an unsettling feeling inside his heart. And he couldn't help but feel annoyed by it.

"And- how about your new friend? I hear that you have been hanging out with that new guy... Haneul."

Taehyung shrugged.

"Just to pass time really- why, did you meet him?"

Lucas nodded, averting his gaze.

"I did... and he's just my type."

Taehyung smiled, remembering his face.

"So you finally moved on from my brother. That's strong."

Lucas smirked, pleased with his actions.

"I guess i did... but, there is one more thing. I had a talk with Haneul last night and... it was rather unsettling. So maybe you should keep your distance from him."

Taehyung blinked, confused.

"Why? Is it because you're interested? If it's that then- there is nothing between us, he's all yours-"

Lucas shook his head dissapointedly. Altough, he was kind of happy to hear that Taehyung didn't like him back or anything. He was pleased.

"No no... it's just... something he said. He might not be who you think he is."

Taehyung tilted his head to the side as he placed his drink on the counter.

"Why would you say that?"

Lucas didn't know how to begin. So as he was gathering up his toughts suddenly someone rushed in from above grabbing onto the balcony.

At the heavy sound, both him and Taehyung looked up to find Yoongi all panicked and sweaty. It was a new sight to see really.