LXXIX

Baal just stood there. In disbelief. He didn't know if he should just scold him. He didn't even know if he should cry or laugh as he parted his lips, only to close them again in frustration.

"Say something!"

Aimi's yelling startled Baal slightly, but it made him finally speak somehow.

"Okay- what am i supposed to say? I wish i could say that you're going to be okay! Or i wish i could scold you- but i can't because you might face something worse than death??"

Taehyung swallowed while Aimi sighed in dejection.

"Uh... goblin bites are fatal enough as it is- but letting it dig through your skin? This is absurd! How could you even let it-"

Baal frustration made Taehyung look down, unable to find the words.

"I... got distracted."

Baal frowned, now annoyed.

"You got distracted?? You have been out of it a lot ever since Ju-... ever since he left. And i didn't say anything to stop that because i knew how you felt. I know it better than anyone, you know that."

Taehyung bit his lip. Ofcourse he knew. Being apart from the one you love is... painfull after all. He had been there.

"But you can't continue like this. It's going to ruin you. What would've happened if you had died because of a minor distraction? This surely can't go on.."

At that moment, Taehyung stood up and clenched his fists.

"Well- maybe death would certainly be better than living like this! You say you understand me- but you don't! It's been 3 years Baal! Three fucking years! And it's just not normal for him to not say anything in that time!"

Baal snapped back, now becoming angrier.

"He didn't jump on a boat and go to the nearest island- he's in hell for fucks sake! He can't just send you letters!"

Taehyung frowned.

"And he is also under Lucifer's care! He has messengers no? Well- maybe if he cared enough- he would've tried to contact me!"

Aimi covered her mouth while Baal sighed.

"You're jumping to conclusions Taehyung- maybe he did try-"

Taehyung shook his head, his eyes teary.

"Then how come it has been this silent all this time? I hadn't felt a felt an aura- yet even the slightest disturbance in the realm- aside from those creatures! Yet you're still telling me to be hopefull-"

Baal looked down, feeling bad for him. He just tought it was too agonizing to be in a situation like that. He didn't know if he could hold out if it were Aimi who had gone instead of Jungkook. He would've maybe been in a much worse situation than Taehyung.

"So if you two have anything else to tell me about this then don't. Please.... i can't take it."

With that he walked out of the room with heavy steps and left the castle.
Meanwhile Liz who had seen everytying from behind the doorway looked at her parents with big eyes.

"Papa? Mama? What happened to uncle Tae? Is he okay?"

Baal sighed as he grabbed his daughter and then carried her in his arms.

"It's nothing to worry about my dear. It's just a minor complication, that's all."

Liz hummed, playing with her hands as she looked at her father.