LXXXVIII

The clock read 2am.
It was pretty late into the night, yet Taehyung was still up, doing some work. But he was back home to do so, as he got tired. Doing work at home was more peaceful after all.

He had too much work these days because of the goblin incident. There have been too many reports from all over, complaining about their animals getting killed and eaten. There were even humans going missing- which he did not want to get involved in, yet the council said otherwise.

Being the high priest required more than being just a principal to the academy. It was also a job, which required great leaderhsip for the coven of Grimmore, and he was also in charge of the huge area and its residents. So he had a lot on his plate, getting things like complaints to requests, and sometimes even prayers or charms as gifts to ease people of their troubles.

And he was starting to doubt his decision of becoming the high priest. Jungkook on the other hand had teased him about it. Which was... just as excpected. It had been his dream after all. And Taehyung decided to do it instead. And as for that playing part in his decision making or not... still remained a mystery as he decided to not disclose it. Even to himself in certain situations.

Getting his mind off of his thoughts and coming back to reality after hearing a loud thud, coming from the front door, he pulled himself up from the desk and glanced at the entrance.

Later, 3 men, covered in mud and grass came in. One looked more annoyed than the other, while the dissapointment on their faces were priceless.

"It... took you longer than i'd expected. What happened?"

Taehyung's question which was asked with a held back laughter made the two frown while Jungkook just sighed.

"We ran... into some complications."

Taehyung oh'ed as he stood up and walked over to his lover. Meanwhile Sungho scoffed with crossed arms. He did not feel like letting go of today's argument at all, which was starting to bug Jungkook off at this point.

"Tch- yeah, complications my ass. We just get held back because Jungkook decided it would be a good idea to trap a goblin."

Jungkook frowned as he looked at him while Taehyung raised his hands up and cupped his cheeks.

"We could've tracked it- if it wasn't for your stubbornness! And you- don't even get me started-"

Sungho could aggree on that as he glared at Sangjun.

"You really were of no help at all."

Sangjun made an indiffrent face as he glanced at the way Taehyung was inspecting Jungkook's face.

"Yet here i am, covered in mud also."

Jungkook scoffed while Sangjun pointed his finger at him.

"Just be greatful that i was there to portal us out-"

Sangjun crossed his arms.

"If it weren't for me- you two would have fallen into the hole- so stop flattering yourself."

Jungkook frowned.

"Oh please! I was the one who did the whole work- yet here you two complain! Just..."

As they continued to argue, Taehyung suddenly sighed, which made them all pause.

"Guys... please calm down. This is not a competition, i'm sure you all did well."

Sungho sighed while Sangjun's eyes fell on Taehyung's eyes. Meanwhile Jungkook looked back into Taehyung's eyes as he continued to hold his cheeks inside his palms.
He then went in and closed the gap between their lips before giving him a long kiss.