XLIX

Taehyung took in a deep breath as he walked towards the lake.
Upon seeing Jungkook there he stopped at his steps.

He was standing there... right before the water. He seemed to be looking down.

After clearing his mind of sad toughts, Taehyung walked down and then stopped again. He didn't know how to call for him or... how to make him look that way.

He tought of tapping his shoulder but then ended up calling for him.

"H-hey.."

Upon hearing his voice Jungkook turned around to face him.

"You came.."

Taehyung looked down, fidgeting with his fingers.

"I was the one who asked to meet... so... i guess i had to..."

Jungkook lowered his eyes, seeming sad. In return Taehyung became stressed and started to blurt out whatever came to mind to clear the misunderstanding.

"N-not that i didn't want to be here- i... i wanted to talk as well- i mean i didn't- no- no i did but i-"

Jungkook then made one of the saddest smiles ever, as he turned back around to look at the scenery before him.

"You have every right to not want to see me. I was... i was stupid."

Taehyung's breath hitched.

"I... i never wanted to hurt you like that. I never should've. But... at the time- i... i was scared. I know that it's going to sound like an excuse and... maybe it is."

Taehyung clenched his fists on his chest as Jungkook turned around to face him again. But this time, his eyes were teary and... sad.

"I was soo miserable. I hurt you because of my insecurities... because i was scared that i would hurt you like i did to someone important to me back then."

Taehyung knew that. He had a hunch all along after hearing about his past.
But listening to Jungkook speak about it felt much more diffrent. He was finally opening up to him... he was telling him about his heartbreak. What more could he ever ask..

"And... and you have every right to leave me after this. You have every right to be scared... and forget about me."

As tears fell from his eyes- down to his cheeks, Taehyung's eyes widened. This was the first time he had seen him cry like that. First time... with soo much pain and fear. He could see it in his eyes. That he was scared.

"But even then... i just want you to know my true feelings about you. I... i did something horrible to you and broke your heart. It was maybe the worst i could've done to someone who loved me with all their heart."

Taehyung's eyes watered as Jungkook reached his hands out and cupped his cheeks before caressing them ever so softly.

"Taehyung i... i love you. I've loved you for a long time now... and i was an idiot to ignore that. I love you soo soo much..."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows as his own tears fell down his cheeks.
He then placed his hands onto Jungkook's... squeezing them tightly.

"I love you soo much... that it hurts. And i'm sorry for what i've done. You can punch me- hit me... just please... don't hate me... i could never live with that."

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut as he broke into tears. His cries became only louder as Jungkook's heart broke. This was his doing. He was crying because of him.