XCVI

Rushing to the mortal realm, Taehyung was too shocked to find the proper words to speak with.
But once they were back, he looked at Jungkook with big and worryfull eyes.

"How could you just let him be!? W-what if something happens- what if he-"

Jungkook sighed, placing his hands above Taehyung's shoulders.

"And what should i have done? Let you get hurt? You know i would never risk such a thing. Your life against the whole world."

A small blush couldn't help but creep up on Taehyung's cheek's as his eyes widened.

"And Lucifer is fine. You think i would go there without a plan? It was obvious that this was going to happen."

Yet it still seemed unbelievable. If it was a plan all along, then it sure seemed well planned rather than tossing something in the midst of the situation.

"Then... you didn't leave Lucifer?"

Jungkook smirked.

"Ofcourse not. Altough... for him to not be alone now... it did take a lot of convincing."

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

Noctis sighed, looking down at the unclear view of the labrinth. It was now covered with fog because of Lucifer's absence, and hell had naturally felt it, covering itself in a thick coat of fog. But it was not just any normal fog. It was the emotions and dreadfull screams of the dead, now surfacing to capture whatever came their way. If you went in, then you would never be able to get out.

So all Noctis could do was just stare at it blankly. He had wanted Lucifer's position in order to wreck this place he called home. This place he had created on his own... to prove a point to someone but to also be true to himself.

He had always looked up to him because of that, but there came a day when he grew stuffy to just be behind his back, staring at it his whole life long.

For him to break his vow to his great lord, all it took was a random thought of; "what would happen if i betrayed him now? Death?"
It was a usual thought to have the word "death" combined with "punishment", yet knowing Lucifer, he probably had a lot more planned than just this. He loved to torture after all. It bought out his true form and essence of life, to death.

And thinking about it now, how he was sure he was going to be punished for it... a smile formed on his thin lips, while his dark blue eyes glistened under the dim light of the room. His existence was a mere aid to the one who kept him by his side, and nothing more. Wanting more out of life was never a sin, and he lived by that... that is if he continued to live still.

"I never would've thought that you of all people, would betray Lucifer."

Noctis felt a flinch on his spine, slowly turning to face the familiar voice.

"Brother... it's unusual for you to be here... at a time like this."

Baal grinned, his eyes empty of any will to do any harm to him. Yet his trembling hands said otherwise.

"Well, you don't seem pleased to see me."

Noctis simply turned his head at that, his hands still behind him.

"Why did you come? I heard you got married."

Baal looked down, his smile now a bit sad.

"I did... and it took a lot of courage to bring her here with me."