VII

It was a big house, out in the woods. It wasn't visible to the human eye as it had the same wards as the academy's, surrounding it. Lights were out and no presence was to be felt which meant that they were alone.

"Do you live alone?"

Jungkook shook his head as they made their way inside.

"Oh- no. I live with my sister and brother. He works at the academy- if you know..."

Taehyung oh'ed as he walked inside the house, following after Jungkook. The moment they entered, there was a huge staircase leading upstairs and one up in the middle, probably leading to the attic.
When he looked to his left he saw the living room and to his right was probably the kitchen, judging from the napkin hanger next to it.

Other than that the house looked pretty ancient and so did the outlay. It seemed as if no touch ups were made in the past hungred years. Not like he was to judge, his house was even worse.

Not minding the empty walls with no portaits he continued following Jungkook upstairs, to his bedroom. The house seemed to be lit with only candles and a huge chandelier in the middle of the first floor. Better than the academy at least.

"Oh... you mean Jeon Hansuk. He's a good teacher i guess..."

Jungkook didn't know how to react to his awfully late answer as they entered his room. His eyes were literally everywhere, observing every inch of his house. It somehow made Jungkook feel awkward.

"Never been to someone else's house before?"

Taehyung snapped back and looked to Jungkook, who was tidiying up his bed for him to sit at.

"Oh... uhm... no. Not really."

Jungkook didn't say anything back, thinking that it might've been to personal. After all, he had realized the looks he was getting from people. It seemed as if not many liked him. What they had wasn't grudge or anger... rather, they seemed to stare at him in fear of sort, which, Jungkook could not understand.
And that's exactly why he was concerned. He was new to all of this and didn't know anything. Which is why it made him vulnerable to any kind of attack from anyone. Even though he tought of him as friend now, Taehyung was still to be minded of. But tonight, he hoped that he would finally tell him the truth.

"Come, you can sit here."

Taehyung placed his jacket down and slowly made his way to the bed and sat down next to Jungkook.
The bed was big enough for three people, and was as squishy as fur. It seemed comftable.

"So... if your observation of literally everything has finished... wanna talk now?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook before averting his gaze in a rather... sad? expression.

"Ah- sorry. I'm just not used to this. It's all new-"

Jungkook didn't know what to say so he just decided to be honest as he was with him.

"Well... i haven't ever invited someone over either. So it's new for me too. That's why... make yourself comftable."

Knowing that it was not one sided, Taehyung exhaled a deep breath that he did not know he was holding in.

"Okay... well, uhm... so about me. I... i can't tell you the whole truth but... only a part of it."

Well that was a start... Jungkook tought as he continued to listen.

"I... have something inside me. It's um... it's hard to explain. It's... like a curse. It haunts me wherever i go- and is with me whatever i do... i can never get a peace of mind.."