XLII

Jungkook stumbled into the woods, out of breath from running. His mind was a mess, let alone be strong enough to think.

Meanwhile Yoongi was barely able to catch up to him. The guy ran fast. But when he came closer, he saw him on the ground, leaning against a tree. He seemed... in a bad shape let's say.

"Hey... you okay?"

Jungkook looked down. Quiet.

"Not really."

Yoongi wasn't shure on how to act since he was never in a friendship like this one. But he knew that he cared for his wellbeing. So he walked over and took a seat beside him.

"Taehyung seemed pretty spaced out as well... did you guys have a fight?"

Jungkook took a while to respond, as he didn't feel like talking.

"No... i just told him that i... don't love him."

Yoongi's eyes widened, a bit taken back. He did not excpect that.

"But... do you really not? I personally don't know what love is but... i can see the way you look at him. It must shurely be love. No?"

Jungkook hummed, leaning his head on Yoongi's shoulder. It was starting to feel good to talk about it. It relaxed him more than he tought.

"Honestly... i know what it is. I know that it's... l-lo.. *squints his eyes* it's just that i could never admit it. Maybe it's for the better... maybe he'll be better off without me."

Yoongi had the sudden urge to punch him in the face. But- that was not an action he would take. He was the quiet and mysterious character, so he decided to keep it that way.

"I don't think so. Before you came to the academy, Taehyung was feared and hated by everyone. He was always alone and... in the dark. But after you came- with you- he showed everyone a diffrent side of him. And with that, he has friends now. He's not alone- nor hated. At the end- we just knew to believe a stupid rumor and misunderstood him. But you changed that."

Jungkook's eyes became teary as he listened. He cared for Taehyung. He cared for him deeply. Yet saying those words was his only way to him... and he hated that. He hated to fear that.

"So... why? Was it too overwhelming?"

Jungkook looked down, tears falling down his eyes.

"No... not at all. When i first met him, i saw myself in him. He was trapped... heartbroken... all alone without anyone's help. I understood that and wanted to help him get out of it. But by the time i had realized he had become much more for me... more than a friend..."

Yoongi continued to listen quietly.

"...it was almost like my first love. Before i came here... i used to have this friend... she was.. uhm... she was very dear to me. And... she loved me back... but i- i did something horrible and... she died because of me..."

Yoongi's heart became soft as Jungkook pulled himself back and looked at him.

"That's why i'm scared! I did something soo horrible- and now what if i-i do that same mistake again? I could never live with that. And if not- then i don't deserve to love again... not after what i did."

Jungkook quickly wiped his tears away as he averted his gaze to the side. Finally. He said it out loud. And somehow... he felt free now. More relaxed in a way.

"So... you're scared. You have to let go of that fear or you won't be able to go back to him. That's what i think.."

Jungkook sniffed, shaking his head.