LXXVI

144 weeks.

That's how long it has been since Jungkook went away to hell. And since then, he hadn't heard anything from him. Noone had.

𖤐𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢𖤐

Taehyung's hand slightly trembled as he striked off the 144th week from his calendar.
The red ink of the marker dripping down from the paper, slowly found its way onto his thighs, colouring his black pants to a claret red.

Taehyung looked at the stain with empty eyes, slowly getting the urge to itch inside his throat. Yet it was far off his reach unless he wanted to cut it open and slide his hand in.

Consumed by the urge to even realize, suddenly, the doorbell rang. It got rung at least a good 4 times until Taehyung came back to his senses from the sound and looked out the window.
Shaking off the disturbing toughts, he placed the marker down onto his office desk before standing up to leave the room.

He went downstairs and opened the front door, only to be greeted by an adorable little girl who jumped right into his arms. She had pitch black eyes with the shape of an almond, that resembled of Jungkook's, and small lips that resembled of Aimi's. Yet her other features were much like his father, who did not seemed to be beside her today.

"Taee! I missed you soo soo much!"

Taehyung smiled. Yet there was a hint of pain behind it, which the small one was too young to realize.

"Really? How much?"

The little one pulled herself back from the hug to raise her hands up as much as she could while standing on her tippy toes.

"Thiiis much!"

Taehyung chuckled before standing up to his feet to greet her mother who had been standing at the doorway.

"What brings you here?"

Aimi greeted him with a smile before handing him a basket full of freshly baked ponchiki's.

"Liz had been nagging these past few days to come see you so i had to bring her. Hope it isn't too much trouble for you... since you're busy these days."

Taehyung shook his head, while patting Liz with his hand.

"It's fine. Will you stay as well?"

Aimi covered her mouth, seeming somehwat in tought about something.

"I would've liked to... but... it's been long since me and Baal have been alone... as you know..."

Taehyung looked away as he oh'ed. So that's why Baal wasn't here.

"Okay then, i can look after her."

Aimi clapped her hands together happily and nodded.

"That's great! Thanks a lot again and have fun! And Liz, please behave and don't make a mess like you did last time. Well, bye then!"

After walking away, Taehyung slowly closed the door and turned to Liz, who seemed to be pouting from her mother scolding her just now.

So he went down on his knee and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

Liz shrugged, looking down.

"About that mess i made... are you angry at me? You always smile and say it's okay b-but, i know i did wrong. So you can scold me too!"