89. A name for a chapter maybe

1022 words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 9 2021
Posted February 6 2021

The inspector saw him like that? Kaito's eye was wide as he stared into the other's face, Ginzo's expression was kind, honest. Something unknown curled up in Kaito's chest, he didn't like the feeling, didn't want it. He did. The boy quickly lowered his gaze, taking a step back from Ginzo "I'm going to stay over at Misty's tonight" Kaito blurted out, words fast "Bye" He fled out the window.

"Fuck" Ginzo cursed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to catch up with the other. If Kaito could get around while flaunting himself in a white suit, glowing skin wouldn't be too much of an issue. He hadn't expected the boy to shut him out so fast. The inspector sighed, pulling out his phone to send Misty a message, telling her what had happened. Hopefully the woman would be able to help Kaito sort out his thoughts or at least comfort the boy. He then noted that Kaito's outdoor clothes were still here, double fuck.

Meanwhile, Kaito was freaking out on a nearby roof. Ginzo saw him as a son, which wasn't good, not at all. The inspector wasn't supposed to get that attached to him, even if the information made a guilty lightness fill his chest. He liked it, he really really did, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that he was already too deep in, too involved. Kaito sniffed, curling up beside an air conditioning unit. The metal easily leached the warmth from him.

He was going to end up hurting the inspector, Kaito just knew it. It didn't matter what he wanted anymore, the final outcome wouldn't be good for himself. Jail or death. Indigo watered, he didn't want either anymore. Before Ginzo had joined him, he hadn't really cared about what would happen after. That was before he'd realized that just living life could be nice, fun even. Kaito loved this life, and he didn't want to give up what he had. He had to though, he just hoped that it wouldn't be from death. That would hurt Ginzo the most.

The boy frowned, feeling his phone vibrate once in his pocket. Kaito took it out, reading the text Ginzo had sent him about making sure to keep warm. A small watery laugh escaped him, the inspector really was good father material. Kaito got up, shivering to shake away the cold that had seeped into him. The cold cement was painful to his sock clad feet. He texted an affirmative before making his way towards one of his stashes, it held spare clothing meant for emergencies. He didn't feel ready enough to see the inspector just yet.

"Kid" The voice was soft, almost too sweet.

Kaito froze, hair standing up on end "Akako-san" He greeted, feeling unnerved. They were much too close to his and Ginzo's apartment, he didn't want the witch anywhere close to where they lived.

The witch smirked "You look a lot cuter out of uniform" She wouldn't mistake that glowing skin for anything but the thief "Much better than how you looked a few hours ago" So tiny, maybe even fragile.

Bristling, indigo narrowed "Why are you here?" He didn't have any gems to give her right now.

"Caution is an admirable trait" Akako praised "I was just curious to sense you out and about so soon"

That seemed too simple, though the implication was unnerving "You can sense me?" That meant that she probably already knew where they lived.

"It's to prevent you from escaping our deal" The witch tilted her head, red eyes glinting dangerously in the moonlight "Lucifer told me that you've found a strong power" He smirk somehow became more dangerous "And I wanted to find out why my charm had no effect on you two" Lucifer had also told her that the little thief's mental strength was weakened, which would make it more fun to play with the boy.

Unhappy, Kaito grimaced "You're right, but I don't know what you mean about your charm" Sensing that just leaving it like that could be dangerous, he continued "Sure you're pretty, but I prefer males" It was something he'd come to realize after working with Misty, girls were nice and all, but he'd rather be with a boy.

She didn't yet have the power to sway females or gay males yet, so that was a sufficient answer "Oh, so you're with that other boy" She paused, watching in fascination at how Kid's face became one of complete and total disgust. The boy actually looked like he wanted to vomit.

"Please don't say such a disgusting thing" Kaito breathed, feeling nauseous at even the thought "And just to clear things up, he's straight" Why was she talking about things like that when Ginzo was obviously not even a teen yet in appearance and he himself looked younger than he actually was. It was just plain creepy.

Red flickered dangerously "I can't harm him due to our deal, so tell me why he wasn't affected by my charm"

Oh, he really didn't think that lying to a witch would be healthy for anyone's health "You know more about your magic than I do" He should comply "What factors into who's affected or not?" He shivered as a cool breeze cut through him.

"Age, gender, and sexuality"

Kaito grimaced "You were expecting it to work on a child?" Sure the witch was young too, but she had to at least be his own age.

"It only makes children more friendly" Her face scrunched up "I know that you're body is too ill or weak to portray your proper age but the other one was healthy"

"Oh..." He paused, blinked, then realized what she had implied "Did you just accuse me of being a pedo?" She'd realized his age but had still assumed they'd been together.

Akako just smirked "Well? Don't you have an answer for me?"

Fine, he'd let her ignore the question "Poison, he's old enough to be your dad" She could screw them over easily enough without even using the information.

"Interesting"

The boy blinked, suddenly realizing that he didn't feel cold but could still feel his toes and fingers "What?"

Red gleamed "I want that strong power, so let's talk"

Me: So Akako strikes when Kaito is feeling down... Rude, but understandable from someone getting advice from Lucifer

A witch selfish for power and answers wouldn't care about Kaito~

Hope you enjoyed~

I started Disgaea 4... Valvatorez, the main character is so endearing >^<

He's so noble yet naive and good hearted, honest for a former Tyrant vampire

...Since telling you to buy a hardcore strategy game is a little much... I highly recommend watching the full story on YouTube

I laughed, giggled, smiled, worried and just fell in love with the story...

( ꈍᴗꈍ).... The game was so hard since I didn't grind because I wanted to see the story

The anime op is awesome too... Wish it had an anime

This is eng dub (surprisingly great, voices fit)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thvRur9JbH0

This is playlist in order with the Jap voices

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz3Xynbd6jSixCm_kVUEFwkzAwsrKdOEB

To follow link in the app, highlight then click dots to find your way