71. Simple Heist...

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 16 2020
Posted August 22 2020

NEXT UPDATE September 5 2020

The notice had been sent around midnight, the target was a gem called 'Tiny Miracle'. While the gem itself wasn't actually all that much with it being a small emerald embedded into a thin, white gold bracelet, it's discovery story was what brought in it's viewers. Apparently a child had gone missing during an abandoned mine tour, only to be found a few days later in a crevice that had a small stream of water pouring from a few cracks and some berry bushes. The crevice had been littered with tiny bits of emerald, and the biggest chunk had been cut into a yen sized square and embedded into the bracelet.

It was a newer gem and lacked the mysterious origins that many of the Crows' targets had, which meant that the Crows wouldn't care about it. The story behind it had made Kaito smile despite the current circumstance that he was in, he'd been glad to read that the child had been fine. The world needed more gems with lighthearted backstories. An alarming amount of them were about betrayal or blood.

After the heist note had been sent, there'd been no new reports of child deaths, something which allowed the boy to breathe a little more easier. The weight of knowing that another death was about to happen no longer burdened him.

Kid was silent as he made his way through the vents, everything felt a bit off considering that it was nearing noon instead of midnight. He'd replaced his bandages with more specialized ones that clung to his right eye socket better. This allowed him to safely cover it with a latex copy of his undamaged face. It wouldn't be good if anyone found out that Kaitou Kid was missing an eye. Though he did add some hidden bandages around his head, neck and wrists, places where it was possible to get a chanced glimpse at them. He wanted people to think that he was really injured after all.

An energizing buzz filled the thief as he eyed his target through the vents, it was surrounded by officers, and he'd yet to spot any sign of the Crows, which was good. Had they been just satisfied enough to know that he was still alive?

The thief allowed the time to tick down slowly, a few seconds before the targeted time, he threw down a few smoke bombs, grinning as he watched the officers cough and cover their mouths. Kid then allowed himself to drop down to the floor, making sure to stagger slightly at his landing before snatching the bracelet and running to the nearest window. He'd left it open for his escape.

Since using his glider seemed like a very stupid idea, he instead used the momentum to swing down onto the floor below via another window that he'd left open, setting off a fake gliding Kid the moment he'd left the officer's sight. Like always, there were screams and the sound of hurried footsteps as they went off to catch 'Kid'.

A bitter smile tugged at Kid's lips as he pocketed the bracelet before heading back into the vents, the heist had been short, simple, and very easy. Not to mention boring and anti-climactic. With a sigh he made his way through the vents before entering a small alley and changing back into himself and ditching his Kid supplies behind some removable bricks. He'd come back to get them at a later date just to be safe.

Kaito stifled a yawn as he left the alley, carefully sidestepping out of the way of a few adults, making sure to seem disinterested in them. They'd been dressed in black and had the tell-tale signs of having hidden guns on their person. So the Crows had actually shown up, that was interesting to say the least. He covered another yawn before wiping away the sleepy tears from his left eye. Staying up late to plan the heist had made the boy somewhat drowsy, maybe he'd have a nap when he returned.

Distracted, Kaito let out a surprised yelp after bumping into someone, he gave a small bow, muttering his apologies before continuing to walk away. Or at least he tried to, except he was stopped by someone grabbing his jacket collar and lifting him up "What?!" His words were a bit strangled.

"I thought that by now all brats would be in hiding" Kaito blinked owlishly as he was turned to face the speaker. He knew this man, that handlebar moustache.... He was Snake, one of the main Crows who'd killed his father. Snake grinned, it didn't look friendly in the slightest "Did the Kid heist lure you out?"

"Y-yes" Kaito stuttered, making himself seem like a shy child. It seemed like it'd be safer to answer than to stay silent, Snake was prone to rash violence.

Snake eyed the boy, something about the child bugged him, maybe it was the eye colour. It matched the thief's "You're coming with me" The boy squawked as he tucked him under his arm like a parcel. Easy to reach children had become a bit rare recently, so he might as well take this one "Blame Kaitou Kid" This'll be the last message to tell Kid that the bastard shouldn't ignore them.

"P-please no" Kaito's words trembled as terror began to slowly seep into him "I want to go home" He struggled weakly, not wanting to seem like too much of a threat. This wasn't good, he hadn't thought about the possibility of being captured as himself.

"Shut up or I'll kill you and find someone to take your place" The killer scowled, he hated whiny kids, they were annoying.

Kaito's mouth snapped shut, Snake wasn't bluffing. He was trembling, but that was fine, it couldn't possibly seem suspicious. He was a child who was being kidnapped, it'd be more weird if he'd actually hid his fear. Indigos clenched shut as he both tried and failed to steady his breathing.

"Good boy" Snake smirked, enjoying the kid's fear. He couldn't help but bark out a laugh when the kid actually went limp. Ha! He'd never scared someone bad enough for that to happen before!

Past Berry: Remember how Kaito just automatically 'Gives up' whenever he thinks that the Crows have found him? etc after waking up in the hospital. Well that combined with his fear... Of course the poor guy would pass out... Especially since he has so many underlying sources of stress affecting his life right now

Kaito can't fight like Kid can unless he wants to potentially endanger Ginzo...

Hope you enjoyed~ Spur of the moment plot twist...

Current berry: •3•... wow, the timing is bad considering it matches with the week off...