41. Second Heist Announced

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written January 9 2020
Posted March 9 2020

Kaito sighed as he finished wrapping up his burns, by the time he'd finished applying burn cream to them, some of them had already begun to show signs of blistering. He could deal with first degree and a few second degree burns just fine, especially since they were only that bad due to him not removing his shirt sooner. One good point was that Ginzo would probably listen to him next time. Ginzo had a dark look in his eyes as he eyed the medical kit, it was a little disheartening that the boy had expertly treated the burns. That meant that Kaito wasn't a stranger to being burned.

Indigos sparkled when the boy caught Ginzo's expression "I'm fine" Kaito stated, a wry smile tugging at his lips "I work with dangerous chemicals often, so I studied how to treat burns" And he'd gotten a lot of practice from messed up tricks as well, but Ginzo didn't need to know that little bit of info.

The inspector nodded, feeling a bit better about the situation "We should eat" It still pissed him off that the boy had needed to learn about burns in the first place.

"'Kay" Kaito breathed, noting that the other still seemed a bit upset. He couldn't fix everything, the other would probably be less upset in the morning. Until he caught wind of the new heist note that is. When he'd sent out the note this morning, he hadn't expected to get burned before it.

His suspicions were proved to be correct judging by the dark stare he received when he exited his room the next morning. He held up his hands, giving Ginzo a small smile "I sent it out before I got hurt again" His bruises still hurt, but they did nothing to hinder his movements.

Ginzo's gaze narrowed, but he still nodded "When is the heist?" Kaito was injured during the last heist, and that was before he'd challenged the Crows.

"Tonight" Kaito admitted "I didn't want to give the Crows too much time to prepare" Though since he'd been sidetracked yesterday, he himself didn't really have much time to prepare either "I'm stealing an amethyst called the Violet Victory" He gave Ginzo a picture of the gem "It's supposed to be on display at Haido City Hotel" The owner wanted to put the gem on display in a place where there were no other large gems so that it could hog the spotlight.

Ginzo grit his teeth, not liking that the location was a fair distance away "Won't your burns hinder your ability to fly your hang glider?"

Kaito gave a small smile "I have other ways of escape besides the sky" He met the other's gaze "And if I have to, then I'm perfectly capable of flying" Indigos glinted darkly "I did fly myself back here last time after all" It had been horribly painful, but he'd managed to both fly himself back, and make himself look presentable enough to not worry Ginzo.

"Can I be near the heist site?" He looked young enough that he'd raise suspicions if he were to be unaccompanied for too long. They already had their false identities, so they could probably use them.

The boy pursed his lips, thinking about the pros and cons. The location was a hotel, so if Kite and Ginga stayed there, it wouldn't look too odd "You've got to remember to stay in character" It was risky, but it also added another layer to his disguise. They'd just seem like the average father and son.

"You're Kuroba Kite, and I'm your son Ginga" Ginzo agreed.

"Okay then" Kaito pulled out a cheap cell phone "I'll make the reservation before everyone finds out that the hotel is the heist location" It'd be impossible to make them after the location got out, He'd made that mistake once for a heist in Osaka. Everywhere near the location had gotten booked, leaving him to sleep in a tree. It had rained that night.

Ginzo hurried over towards his bag, it was just a simple dark green one but it worked fine. He grabbed the open first aid kit and stuffed it inside along with some pain medication and books. He didn't want Kaito to get hurt, but he'd be an idiot if he didn't see the potential danger.

Indigos glimmered with amusement as he watched the other while he made the reservations, Ginzo really was overprotective. It felt nice to have someone worry about him again.

When the inspector turned towards Kaito, he almost wasn't surprised to see that the other had already disguised himself as Kite "Ready to go Ginga?" Kite asked, a small smile on his lips at the use of the name.

Ginga nodded, messing up his hair a bit. He obviously didn't really need to disguise much since his hair had been permanently dyed to match Kaito's and his haircut wasn't his normal one. Nobody would look at him and think that he was Nakamori Ginzo, but shrunken "Yup" He'd only call Kite dad when in public. It felt weird even then.

Kite snickered, a light blue bag of his own appearing on his back "Then let's head out" He smirked "I have a heist location to scope out. Thankfully he's already held plenty of heists there so he knew the layout perfectly. Though things could have changed a bit, so it was always a good idea to make sure that a past exit hadn't been blocked.

Ginga slung his own bag over his shoulders before following Kite out the door, raising a brow when they didn't stop to lock it. Maybe Kite had done a trick to do so. It was interesting to see the other use small tricks, maybe he was already getting into the mindset of being Kid? He was sure that every other time he'd seen Kite leave, the other had physically locked the door "So how are we getting there?" A cab would be easiest, but they also cost more money. He wasn't sure if the other would pay for one, even if it wasn't even his own money being used.

Kite's azure gaze glimmered "The bus" He smirked "It's a good way for you to get some practice in being Ginga"

Me: I'm sure that you've noticed in other chapters that I call the character in present actions by what the look like (Or who they're disguised as) and use their name if they're referencing past actions while they're disguised.

I figured that it would help people remember that they're in disguise, and myself

Hope you enjoyed~

Another heist! >~<