46. Docks

1036 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 11 2020
Posted March 23 2020

The night air had a crisp chill to it as Kid let out a silent sigh, pocketing the night's target. He was feeling a little unnerved that nothing had happened yet that was out of the ordinary for one of his heists. He glanced up at the moon, admiring it's soft glow before bringing out his hang glider. Since the Crows had neglected to show up, he might as well make his exit flashy. Veiled indigos gleamed as a small smile tugged at his lips, it had been a while since he'd actually escaped via the sky.

Ginga let out a relieved breath when he spotted Kid's familiar white silhouette hop off of the museum's roof, soaring through the sky. Another injury free heist it would seem, which was a relief. He tuned out the crowd's cheering in favour of following the glider's trajectory. They were to meet up near the water since there wouldn't be very many people there this late at night.

A few moments later the cheers turned into screams, Ginga whipped his gaze back towards the sky, heart lurching at the sight of Kid falling. The glider closely following Kid's descent. The inspector picked up the pace, quickly calculating the angle of descent as he ran. Just what had caused the other to let go of the glider?! Especially so high up in the sky?! He swallowed, feeling sick, hopefully Kid had survived the fall. He didn't want to think about the other option.

He was panting, almost out of breath when he paused his running. The inspector let out a few sharp curses as he viewed the water, it's waves were rolling darkly. He'd momentarily forgotten that Kid had been heading towards the docks. What if Kid had fallen into the water? "Ki-Kaito!" His voice shook as he called out the other's name, opting to call for Kaito, instead of an international jewel thief. It was safer that way.

Ginzo stood there panting for a few moments as he desperately listened for a response, calling again when he got none. Oh god, Kaito couldn't have drowned right? Wasn't drowning supposed to be a horrible way to die? His eyes burned as he scanned the docks, searching for that familiar white suite. He clenched his fists, he wouldn't give up searching. He absolutely refused to believe that the boy he's spent almost half a fucking year with would just go and die like that.

A small, broken whimper escaped Kaito's lips. His head was killing him and he could barely see anything. Where was he? He was cold, really cold, and wet? Why was he wet? He tried to move his head to look around, only for more darkness to swamp his vision, causing him to lose hold of whatever he'd been clinging onto. He hadn't even realized that he'd been clinging onto something.

He spluttered, flailing weakly as he was suddenly dragged under the water by his own weight. The salty water caused his right eye and the surrounding area to burn, the pain building as it slipped into his airways as well. He couldn't breathe! Panic overwhelmed him as his struggles strengthened, allowing him to blindly grab onto something to pull himself up until his upper body was out of the water. Kaito coughed and spluttered, forcing water out of his lungs as he laid there gasping for air. A large tremble ran through his frame as the last bits of water spewed from his lips before he felt his muscles go limp. He didn't have the energy to pull himself back up all the way.

Kaito rested his head against the object, ignoring the disgusting, slimy feeling as he focused on his breathing. Breathe in and out, in and out, in and out, that was good. Breathing was good, he needed to keep doing that. It smelt really fishy, there was water all around, so had he grabbed onto a fishing net? Indigos closed, the effort of keeping them open was too much for him. He was exhausted, and everything just hurt too much.

God why the hell were the docks so dark? Ginzo was feeling frantic as he continued to look under every part of the docks. He'd already been searching for a good while, and had yet to find Kaito. There wasn't much time left before Kaito actually froze to death. His gaze darkened, had Kaito truly drowned and had gotten washed away? He shook his head, clearing away those thoughts. No, he was alive. He had to be.

He ran over towards one of the farther areas, one that he hadn't yet checked. He then crouched down onto his knees, leaning over the edge so that he could check under the docks. The visibility was horrible so he had to check each area separately.

Ginzo sucked in a breath, the faint white of Kaito's suit immediately drawing his attention "Kaito!" The boy was barely clinging onto an old fish net, the bodies of decaying fish were keeping Kaito afloat. Panic filled the inspector when he noted that blood covered the other's face. Oh god, how much had he been bleeding?! And what about the fish? He needed to grab Kaito right away before his injuries got even more contaminated. His gaze narrowed as he looked around, he didn't know how to get Kaito out from under there. The boy was bigger than him.

Wait, the Pill! Ginzo quickly glanced around, when he spotted no people he removed his clothing before swallowing the pill. The pain caused him to stagger, almost slipping into the water. He grit his teeth, he could handle this level of pain. He was not going to pass out, Kaito needed him.

By the time he was fully grown he was panting, but still fully conscious. He then jumped into the water, cursing at the frigid temperature as he swam over towards Kaito, removing the extended limbs from the boy before cradling him against his chest. His eyes burned as he felt the icy body trembling.

As soon as they were out of the water, Ginzo bundled Kaito up with the clothes that he'd been wearing since they'd only be a bit small on the boy. Then he snagged a larger set of clothes from the boy's belongings for himself. They were wet, but it would do. He'd be arrested if he ran around naked while holding Kaito.

Me: I'm not done with Scorpion, don't worry about how quick they were passed over... They're a sniper, not a brawler so it wouldn't have made sense for them to properly show up, yet

Poor Kaito... At least he was found before he died... Being in the ocean at night is dangerous, especially in the winter...

Hope you enjoyed~ This was extremely fun to write ^-^

>^< I've been wanting to write this chappy since I started thinking up the book concept~ FINALLY!