28. Meow

1009 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written October 22 2019
Posted January 23 2020

This thief intrigued him, Saguru would have never thought that he'd ever feel unthreatened while in the same room as an international criminal. Yet here he was just having a chat with said international criminal "Why do you need to know whether or not my father is trustworthy?" He inquired, narrowing his gaze a bit. He did not want his father to become a criminal.

Veiled indigos sharpened "I'm unfortunately unable to relay the details" He needed to affirm that Saguru was trustworthy as well, or at least knew how to keep a secret. Saguru may seem very smart like himself, but that didn't really mean that he was trustworthy. Ginzo and his daughter's safety was too important to randomly trust Saguru's word. He appraised the other again before turning towards the window "Don't tell anybody about my visit and you may eventually know the details" He glanced back "At the very least, I should inform you that being involved with me is dangerous" He paused "And you speaking may also endanger both your father, and yourself" He warned before slipping through the window and into the cover of darkness. White was swiftly replaced by his grey toned outfit. If Saguru spoke, it meant that his word wasn't to be trusted. If not, maybe he'll still consider asking the superintendent for financial help.

Ginzo raised a curious brow at the sight of a grey toned Kid, it was odd seeing him like that after seeing Kid's real self these past few months "I guess it was kinda stupid of me to think that you did most of your work in white or disguised" He mused as Kid removed both hat and monocle.

Kaito quirked a brow, an amused smile playing on his lips "No more stupid than announcing my intent to steal and doing so while wearing white" He joked.

The inspector snorted at the response, Kaito had  point "So what are your thoughts about the superintendent?" He inquired a little nervous, it was both a simple, and important question.

Kaito shrugged, removing his coat and tie "It all seemed fine until I got spotted by his son" Indigos observed the inspector for his reaction.

Ginzo's brows knit together in confusion "He has a son? How old?" The superintendent wasn't married and never really shown any interest in starting a family.

The boy's extra limbs suddenly disappeared and his clothing changed into everyday clothes "Around my age, Hakuba Saguru" He paused in thought "Or maybe a little older, he looked to be only half Japanese" He replied.

The inspector frowned, how had he hid the fact that he had a son for so long? "That's really odd..."

Kaito nodded in agreement "I'm going to look up some information on Hakuba" He stated "If he's not trustworthy as well, we can't get financial aid from his father" At Ginzo's confused look he explained "Hakuba seems to be very intelligent, maybe even more so than his father" He replied, it had been interesting meeting someone around his own age with that intelligence "If he spills that I was looking into his father, I won't trust him with our secrets" He breathed, Ginzo nodded in understanding but was still quite concerned, indigos softened "I got a good vibe from him, so it should be fine" He was just being extra cautious.

Ginzo swallowed "I hope so" Kaito was a good judge of character right? So it should hopefully be okay.

The boy knelt down and gave Ginzo a hug, touched by the other's almost palpable concern "Thank you for worrying about me" He breathed before releasing the other "If this doesn't pan out, maybe I could look into others with money that may listen" He gave Ginzo a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Normally he wouldn't do that, but the inspector's concern seemed like it could tear him apart. He also didn't want the other to do anything rash to prevent Kaito from selling himself out. Ginzo was sadly prone to rashness when his emotions were high.

The inspector noted the honesty in the other's eyes and nodded "Maybe that Suzuki guy may listen?" He inquired "He likes fame and would probably love being part of the take down of a criminal syndicate"

Kaito nodded "As long as he kept quiet about everything until it was safe it'd be fine..." He trailed off, he didn't quite like the idea as much as asking Saguru's father for help. The superintendent had a lot less eyes on him than Suzuki "Let's just hope that it doesn't come to that" He breathed.

They both carried on with their schedules like normal for two more weeks, during that time Kaito had searched up Saguru and had listened around for any indications that the blond had spilled the secrets. The information that he'd found on Saguru had been interesting.

Apparently his father hadn't even known about him until just recently. Saguru was the result of a one night stand in London England and had been raised there until his mother had passed away in a car crash. His father had then been informed of Saguru's existence and was now in the middle of adding both of their documents stating that they're family together.

The information had sort of appeased Kaito's wariness. The superintendent hadn't been hiding a secret child for some reason, the paperwork just hadn't yet been updated the last time he'd checked. It made them seem a little more trustworthy in his eyes.

"Hey Keibu" Ginzo glanced over in confusion, Kaito was suited up as Kid again "If I don't return tonight, a dove will give you pre-written instructions on what to do next"

"What?!" The inspector gaped, it sounded like Kaito was about to go and do something dangerous.

Kid winked at him "I'm just going to speak with our potential financial aid" He soothed "If things go south I don't want to lead anyone back here" Caution was important, it's what kept him alive so far. He wasn't going to abandon it.

Ginzo felt his shoulders relax at Kid's reassurances "Good luck" He hoped this ended well.

Me: And the plot is rolling~

Hope you enjoyed

Berry really likes these lollipops that are made of pure condensed powdered sugar... the only problem is that it hurts to eat more than one...

Berry can't help but eat multiple >~< they're so good