81. Holiday Fun

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 28 2020
Posted November 21 2020

NEXT UPDATE is on December 5 2020

Misty grinned "Because you're precious, and I highly doubt that many pictures of you exist" Pictures of Kaito as Kid, most definitely, but pictures of Kaito as himself? Those were rare.

"When did you even take these?" Kaito was blushing as he looked at a picture of himself smiling, not looking at the camera. He'd still had both eyes when the picture had been taken, which was kinda surprising.

Ginzo smirked at how embarrassed Kaito was, the pictures would definitely be put into his photo album once everything was handled. They'd go into the one where he put pictures of Aoko "How ironic. The person behind Kaitou Kid, is camera shy"He teased, knowing that the boy had a perfectly good reason for being camera shy. A result of growing up with danger lurking near most likely.

"Okay, now that presents are done, let's watch some Christmas movies" Slate gleamed as Misty pulled out a few movies, brandishing them proudly.

Kaito cocked his head to the side, confused "What's Home Alone?" He didn't remember watching any Christmas movies before. Even when his parents had been around, they'd always taken advantage of how energetic the holiday season was to set things up for future escapes. With so many people bustling around, it was scarily easy to get around unnoticed.

The inspector let out a half laugh, half sigh, a grin tugging at his lips as he buried his face in his hands "It's a movie series that you'll definitely like" He hadn't enjoyed the movies much since they'd reminded him a bit about Kid heists. Though now that things were different, he'd probably be able to enjoy them without getting angry or annoyed.

"Oh?" The boy eyed the other curiously, intrigued by Ginzo's reaction. Just what sort of movie was this thing called Home Alone?

Misty giggled "I picked them out especially for you" While it wasn't magic, it involved pranking and taking down criminals. Kaito was sure to appreciate the creativity involved.

With that, the three of them huddled together on the couch, with Kaito in the middle. Popcorn, pop and juice was brought out, courtesy of Misty. The juice was for Kaito since the poor kid had made a funny face that one time she'd given him a pop before asking if it'd been expired. Kaito had still finished it off, but had looked a bit uncomfortable afterwards. Apparently growing up without pop had made carbonated drinks too much for Kaito to handle.

Hours passed enjoyably, filled with laughter and snickers. Sometime around noon they'd paused to order a pizza, but otherwise they spent the day watching Christmas movies. Ginzo and Misty shared a look before glancing at Kaito, the boy had fallen asleep around an hour ago and was snuggling up against the inspector.

"I can't believe he exhausted himself so soon" Misty stated in awe, voice low as Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer played in the background "I guess he's not used to these sorts of activities"

Ginzo nodded in agreement "I've never seen him smile so much in such a short period of time" Kaito had been acting purely his age, maybe even a bit younger, it'd been great.

Slate gleamed "I snuck a few more pictures of him" How could she not? She then smiled, observing the positions of the two males "Since you're trapped, I'll start heating up the turkey" She'd cooked one, separated the meat, then brought said meat over and placed it in the fridge "I think Kaito will wake up if you try to get up" Ginzo had prepared mashed potatoes and stuffing earlier without Kaito's knowledge, which would have been kinda difficult if the other hadn't disappeared a lot these past few days.

"Fine" He didn't doubt her words. Ginzo glanced down at the sleeping boy fondly, he couldn't help but wonder how things would be if there was no longer any danger looming above their heads. It hurt that he wasn't able to see Aoko this Christmas, but at the same time he didn't scorn what had happened to himself. He could trust that Aoko would be okay in the hands of whoever was caring for her, but he couldn't say the same for Kaito if he hadn't been with him these past months. The boy would have died, and then he would have never been able to meet the person who was Kaito. So he was fine spending this one Christmas with Kaito, he viewed the boy like he did Aoko. Was it possible to spend Christmas with both of his children next year?

Eventually the food smells brought Kaito out of his sleep, mouth watering "How long have I been asleep?" He inquired, pink tinting his cheeks as he attempted to subtly wipe away his drool. Oh god he'd drooled on Ginzo, that was embarrassing! He'd even left a drool mark... "It takes hours to make a turkey" He recognized the smell from the other houses at this time of year.

Not wanting to embarrass Kaito any further, Ginzo didn't comment about the drool "Only a few hours, the turkey was already cooked before it got here" His legs felt numb from the other's weight.

Kaito shifted so that he was no longer against Ginzo "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"All the prep was done before today" Ginzo smirked "We wanted you to not do any work today" To spend the day as the child he should have been.

"Oh" Kaito pouted a bit "Then I'm going to do the clean up" He wouldn't let them get away with making today so great, not without repaying them.

Seeing the determination in Kaito's gaze Ginzo sighed "Okay, you can do that" At least the more difficult tasks had been completed while the other had been unaware.

Kaito smiled "Thanks" He then tilted his head a big "I also now understand your reaction to the Home Alone movies" The main character had been tricky and creative. He probably would have done a few of those things during a heist. Though not all, many of them had the potential to actually be quite dangerous. Unlike the character, he cared about his opponent's health.

Me: I absolutely love the first two Home Alone movies XD Watched them every year. A nice sweet chappy~

Hope you enjoyed~

=.= So glad I do week skip, annoying to be very busy