42. Violet Victory Heist

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 5k Views~
~1K votes~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written January 22 2020
Posted March 11 2020

Extra chappy because the first 1K votes are berry special ╹◡╹

Ginzo let out a small sigh as he flopped onto the hotel's bed, being on the bus had been more exhausting than he'd thought it'd be. It had been so long since he'd been around so many people, it'd been kinda overwhelming. Sure he'd left their shared apartment to fetch things, but he'd almost always been moving in contrast to having to sit still on the bus. He peered over at Kite, the other hadn't dropped the disguise once they'd gotten out of sight, Kite had seemed perfectly at ease on the bus.

Kite breathed out a laugh at Ginzo's curious look "It's all about headspace" He pointed at his own head "As Kaito I would have been on edge like you were" Even more so since Kaito didn't exist. He flashed a grin "But I'm currently Kid undercover as Kite, Kid is a showman while Kite has no reason to feel on edge around others" Sapphires gleaned "Thus I'm quite comfortable around others"

The inspector raised a brow, that was confusing "That doesn't sound healthy" Pretending to be who one isn't until they believe it themselves? Don't things like that eventually become problems?

Azure softened "I know my limits" He assured "Plus I doubt that you'll allow me to forget myself" Especially since he was still kinda learning who 'Kaito' was, since Ginzo's arrival it'd become more and more easier to emote his feelings. Before they hadn't really mattered, nor had he really thought of himself as anyone but Kid, he hadn't needed a proper name.

Ginzo nodded "Good" He trusted Kite's judgement. He sat up, legs dangling from the bed "So what's going to happen now?" There were still around 10 hours until the heist.

Kite smirked "Well I'm going to set up some tricks and traps, and also scope out the place" He glanced towards the TV "You can do whatever so long as you don't stand out" Ginzo wouldn't be able to keep up with him even if he allowed him to come, which of course he wouldn't. It wouldn't do for the other to learn the secrets behind his tricks "I'll find something to eat, don't wait for me" With that he disappeared, somewhere.

That was how the inspector ended up spending the rest of the day reading, watching TV, and memorizing the hotel's floor plans. He'd figured that he may as well know where things were in case something bad happened.

Ginga grimaced as he stood in the crowd, how did children even enjoy the heists? It was frankly a safety hazard for children with how many people there were, how had he never noticed this before?! He really had been too focused on catching Kid. He glanced at his watch, there were still around 10 minutes until the heist, maybe he should find a safer place to watch from. He feared that there was a very real chance of him getting trampled if he stayed.

Leaving the crowd was a lot easier than it had been to enter it, people were more than happy to swap places with him if it meant that they got a better chance at getting to Kid. He almost stumbled when he spotted superintendent Hakuba, Danashi usually didn't attend Kid heists. So why was he here now? It wasn't like the other could help out, not with everyone here.

By the time he found a place that he was sure was safe, the heist was due to start. He was standing a small corner within the room, he could see the amethyst from here, which was what mattered.

He covered his mouth when the familiar hissing sound of Kid's smoke bombs met his ears, though thankfully it had been white smoke instead of pink. There was shouting, yells, excited squeals from fans, and running footsteps. Kid's outfit blended quite well with the smoke, so much so that Ginga had barely seen the thief as he ran by. Though the sudden weight in his pockets was hard to miss. He frowned, had Kid seriously stashed the gem on his person? He couldn't even check to see if his suspicions were right.

The task force soon came running in the direction where Kid had fled, disappointment curled in his stomach. The heist had been lacking Kid's usual flair. Was it because he couldn't chase him? Or had the Crows garnered Kid's attention?

While Ginga was busy contemplating, Kid was flitting about the rooftop, dodging bullets. A small laugh escaped the thief as he dove down into the ventilation ducts, thank god he'd unscrewed the lids beforehand! Adrenaline was pulsing through his veins as he quickly shimmied into the first drop of the duct, allowing both his shoes and gloves to take the brunt of the downwards friction. Moments after the start of his second descent, a torrent of bullets was sent down, causing Kid's ears to ring as they ricocheted through the vents. All but one travelled horizontally down the vents, the one that managed to go down his path hit him square in the back.

Kid took the blow with a grimace, almost letting himself fall before catching himself, he was so glad that he'd gotten himself a bulletproof vest. He'd figured that it'd be a good investment since he'd outright challenged the Crows last time. It had still hurt though.

After a few more moments of sliding downwards he slipped into the next cross section so that he wouldn't be spotted right away if one of the Crows actually followed him into the vents. Not risking the chance, he continued to crawl through the vents, his destination already in mind. Though now that the adrenaline was fading, he could feel the familiar sting associated with being grazed by bullets. Oops, he'd thought he was better than that! Maybe he shouldn't have been shirking his exercise routine, he'd gotten sloppy.

He let out a silent breath as he approached his designated exit, he'd have to return later to clear up any blood. He may not be in the systems, but that didn't mean that he liked the idea of someone getting a hold of his blood.

Me: This was interesting to Write~

So far this is the most complete heist I've ever written =~=...

Berry isn't confidant in writing heists so she does what she can to avoid it XD

Hope you enjoyed~

I'm sad that winter is ending •^• .... gotta stockpile more for summer where berry becomes a lazy creature due to heat