51. I Care About You! Damn it!

1030 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 6 2020
Posted April 11 2020

Ginzo grimaced, realizing that Kaito was right. The other needed to use the lab to create the cure and whatever weird things Kaito decides to use for his heists "Maybe you can find a way to filter the lab's air?" There were ways to purify air weren't there?

"I've already tried" Kaito sighed, swaying slightly "But the air just goes back to being all weird" The whole place had probably gotten too contaminated for just air purification to work.

Danashi's gaze darkened "That doesn't sound good" He mused "Have you tested the soil?"

Kaito blinked "No..." He frowned "But I probably should have" What if he'd actually seriously contaminated the area? He did use a lot of odd and dangerous chemicals. He gave Ginzo a worried glance "We need to test Keibu for the contamination" Hopefully Ginzo had been spared "I can do the tests myself once I know what I'm looking for" Thankfully Ginzo hadn't been allowed in his lab, nor had he been in that house for too long.

"With what lab?" The inspector scoffed, crossing his arms. There was no way in hell that he'd allow Kaito back into such a dangerous area.

The boy let out a breath, he was starting to feel a little ill for some reason "It's not like it's killing me" He replied, avoiding Ginzo's gaze. He gave a small shrug "If stunting my growth will allow Keibu to get his life back, then I'd gladly do it" He really wanted to grow, but his height was nothing compared to what would happen if Ginzo never got cured. The inspector needed to return to his life, to his daughter and friends.

Ginzo bristled, gritting his teeth as he shot Kaito a sharp glare "Why are you so insistent on putting others before yourself?!" He hissed, low enough to not attract attention. He couldn't really remember an instance where Kaito put himself first. He wanted to give the boy a good smack on the head, but refrained due to his injury "Do you even realize how selfish you're acting?"

Indigo narrowed in confusion "Selfish?" But he was doing his best to help, how could that be selfish?

"I care about you damn it" He'd grown attached to Kaito, there was no way that he could deny it "And you're disregarding my feelings to suit your own views" Ginzo growled, grabbing Kaito's shoulders to give him a little shake "Yes your actions have been what's best for my physical health, but I just can't stand it when you belittle and disregard what's best for you" How many fucking times does he have to do this?

Indigo widened, he hadn't really thought about that. His eyes began to burn a bit, the right more than the left "I'm sorry..." He'd known that Ginzo had cared about him a lot, but he'd disregarded that fact more often than not whenever he made decisions that negatively impacted him. He bit his lip, god he was an idiot "I can't help it" His tone was soft "You have so much waiting for you compared to me, that it never seems worth it to put myself before you" Ginzo had a family, friends, a job, responsibilities, and a more normal upbringing. And what did he have? Thieving, magic, and sex skills. The closest person to both a friend or family member was Ginzo! And that was only because the inspector had gone and gotten himself shrunk. He was a horrible person compared to Ginzo, especially since Ginzo's misfortune was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

Ginzo was a bit startled when Kaito swayed again, but this time he fell unconscious. A frown tugged at his lips as he gently moved Kaito into a more comfortable position before wiping away the boy's tears "Why is blood coming out of his right eye?" He breathed, feeling a bit lost. The conversation with Kaito had ended prematurely. There was still more they needed to talk about.

"His tear ducts were probably damaged" Danashi replied "There's about a 50/50 chance of his eye not being able to produce tears once it heals properly" He'd kinda felt like an intruder as he'd just stood there awkwardly listening in on their conversation.

The inspector's eyes darkened "I see..." Ginzo swallowed, breaking his gaze away from Kaito to meet Danashi's "Kaito's really fucked up in the head..." He had been even before he'd officially met him "He needs psychiatric help" Especially after the most recent events.

Danashi gave Ginzo a pitying look "I doubt that he'll accept it as things are"

Ginzo lowered his head, clenching the thin bed sheet "I know" The boy was terrified enough at the prospect of a single hospital visit. There was no way that he'd spill his guts to a stranger who'd put it on file "Damn it..." They'd have to wait until the Crows were gone, but how long until then? Not to mention the legal problems regarding Kaito.

"Is he suicidal?" Danashi inquired, he didn't know Kaito as well as Ginzo did.

Suicidal? Ginzo bit his lip, was Kaito suicidal? He'd seen no signs of self harm, and Kaito could have easily gotten himself killed by now if that were the case. But, he often talked about his future death "I don't think so" He frowned "At least not actively..." He paused for a moment "I don't think that he'd kill himself before the Crows are gone..." He suddenly felt sick "And knowing him, the idiot would think that death was too good of an escape for him..." He hadn't really thought about Kaito in regards to suicide before, but it made some sense. Now that he thought about it, did Kaito even like himself? He seemed content with everyday life, but then something would come up that would make him feel for the boy.

Danashi's gaze softened "A shame, a boy like him could do a lot of good for the world" His son had been easily entranced by Kid. He clasped Ginzo's shoulder "You love him right?" At the other's nod he continued "Then show that affection, even if it makes him uncomfortable" He glanced at Kaito "He'll need it to help with whatever trauma he's suffering from"

Me: Ginzo is finally realizing the extent of how messed up in the head Kaito is~

•~•

So much fun to be had~

Hope you enjoyed~