72. Innocent Deceit

1013 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 27 2020
Posted September 5 2020

"Wake up little boy"

Kaito grimaced, shifting a bit before sitting up, he could hear a car running. Indigo blinked open to reveal that he had absolutely no idea where he was. He was still for a few moments before jolting in alarm, hadn't he gotten captured by Snake? Breath hitching with fear, the boy's gaze whipped around, landing on a male that he didn't recognize. The male had shoulder length blond hair and dark blue eyes, Kaito shifted away from the guy.

"Are you okay Kaito-kun?" The male inquired, though he didn't appear to actually be concerned about him.

Indigo widened, how did this guy know his name?! "I'm fine" He felt like he was going to faint, the boy lowered his head, averting his gaze "Who are you?" If he acted submissive, he wouldn't be seen as a threat right?

"Oh I'm sorry" The man offered a convincing false smile, very few would have noticed "Being addressed by a strange male after being almost kidnapped doesn't sound so good"

Almost kidnapped? Kaito peered at the other curiously "Did you save me?" Then why was he getting bad vibes from the guy?

The man nodded "Hakuba Danashi contacted me about you" It'd been such a coincidence that that he'd seen Snake carrying the boy "I figured that seeing you being carried like that wasn't a good thing so I took you from that kidnapper" He offered another false smile "I'm Gunter Von Goldberg, the one Hakuba-san contacted to help with your fears" He rarely used his talents to help others, but having the superintendent owe him sounded like something that could come in handy one day.

Oh, he vaguely remembered Ginzo asking him if he'd be okay with Danashi contacting someone to help "How did you save me?" Was Gunter now in danger from the Crows as well? That wasn't good.

There was an odd glint in the other's eye "I just called out to the person carrying you and thanked him for finding my son" He replied "He handed you over quite easily so I guess that he wasn't after you specifically" The damn idiot had already raised too much of a ruckus lately, thankfully Snake was now being punished. At least Scorpion hadn't let others see them whenever they took a shot.

Kaito nodded at the answer, still feeling uneasy around Gunter "So where are you taking me?" There was no way that he was going to send him to Ginzo right? That'd be too dangerous.

"I called Hakuba-san, and he told me that we can do the session at his house" Which was fine, less attention that way. It'd be annoying if he started to get countless calls asking for help "And don't worry, I won't pry too much about your situation" He didn't care enough to hear the story of an abused kid, stories like that were more common than people usually think. With that, the ride continued with an awkward silence.

When they arrived at the Hakuba estate, Kaito forced himself to follow behind Gunter instead of hurrying towards the door.

"I'm glad to see you Kaito" Relief was evident in his voice, the man then turned towards Gunter "Thank you for both saving him and coming here Goldberg-san" He moved back to allow the two to enter.

Gunter shrugged "It wasn't much of a problem" It had been ridiculously easy "Though it wasn't very smart of you to let the kid go outside during times like this"

"Ah" Danashi grimaced "I'll keep a better eye on him" Kaito silently moved so that he was closer to him, he didn't really trust Gunter.

"Good" Dark blue turned towards the boy "Do you have any idea about how I'm going to help you?" He had to play nice and accommodating.

Kaito blinked "You're going to mess with my already messed up mind"

Oh? What a way with words this kid had "That is correct" He paused "Your fears are the dark and the cold, am I right?" At the  boy's nod he continued "I'm not able to erase your fears, but I could potentially translate them to something else" Shifting was a lot easier than removing after all "It will have a higher success rate if the new target is something that you already fear a bit"

The boy frowned, he wasn't fearless, but he also didn't have many fears that wouldn't hurt his ability as Kid "Fish..." He lowered his gaze. When he'd spotted some fish at the store, he'd felt a chill go down his spine. The sight reminded him of when he'd gotten shot, it just hadn't been nearly as bad as the cold and dark. It'd just made him a bit uneasy.

Gunter raised a brow "You do know that you're in Japan right?"

Kaito swallowed "I know, but I'll just learn to avoid fish" It didn't matter if he ended up getting jump scared at the supermarket, he needed to be able to be Kaitou Kid at night, and on cold days.

"Very well" Gunter turned towards Danashi "The two of us will need a dark room"

"I've already set up my spare study for you to work with" He'd done so the moment the other had called him about finding Kaito. It'd allowed him to spend away his nervous energy for him to be able to look presentable when they arrived "I'll show you the way"

When they reached said study, Gunter turned towards the officer "Don't come in, even if you hear screaming" He paused "And get some fish ready for the final test" With that, both him and Kaito entered the study.

Danashi sighed after hearing the door click, he should probably text Ginzo to tell him that Kaito was okay. The boy had been missing for a few hours, which had sent the poor inspector into a panic. He could actually call the guy, but the odds of the other yelling was quite high. After sending a quick text then silencing his phone, Danashi headed towards his freezer to make sure that he did in fact have some fish. Thankfully he did have some fish that still looked like a fish.

Me: So Spider is playing nice? Well he has to be a good actor since his famous persona is so popular~

I was so tempted to name the chappy 'Death' or 'End' just to mess with you guys~ I've done it before in a diff fandom~

It's quite fun ^-^

Hope you enjoyed~

>~< berry is gonna buy herself an adorable mini freezer, I can't wait to get it~

Gotta wait though since it's about 17lbs heavier than what I'm comfortable carrying for long distances... I'm not a body builder so 57lbs is just too much for me XD... I'm just a thin potato

The bus stop is just a little too far...

If I can carry this table (boxed condensed weight) on a bus then up 7 flights of stairs (elevator was freakin broken QAQ), I can carry a mini freezer on a bus... if it was 17lbs lighter

The freezer would have been less awkward size wise after all

Why do things have to feel so much heavier when condensed?!? I know physics wise it makes sense

Why do things have to feel so much heavier when condensed?!? I know physics wise it makes sense... but it's horrible