75. cHshysj

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

My rat Mizu really trusts me XP...
I had to share... Shining lights on pets is mean

Written September 4 2020
Posted October 3 2020

When Kaito woke up again the next morning, he was feeling fairly well rested. Indigo glanced around curiously, noting that he was back in his room. It didn't really bother him as much as it should have that he didn't remember how he got back, he trusted both Ginzo and Misty. The boy curled up in his blanket at the thought of the inspector, it felt so weird to actually feel completely safe around the guy. It was illogical since he was technically more capable at fighting back than Ginzo was at the moment.

He shook his head, not wanting to deal with his confusing thoughts. Maybe he should make breakfast again to thank Ginzo, though for what he wasn't truly sure. He just, wanted to do something nice for him. With his mind made up, Kaito headed towards the kitchen and began to prepare breakfast, making sure to make a enough since he'd spotted Misty sleeping on the couch.

Misty woke to the smell of something burning. She blinked in surprise before heading to the kitchen to investigate. It smelt like food so she wasn't really worried "I had thought that you were a decent cook before now" She teased as she spotted Kaito holding a frying pan that had something black on it.

The boy ducked his head, face flushed from the embarrassment of getting caught burning food so badly "I got distracted" He'd forgotten that he was cooking until the burning smell had reached him. He placed the pan onto one of the burners that hadn't been turned on to let it cool down. He'd deal with it when it was cool and wouldn't potentially get warped from cold water.

"Oh?" She grinned at the other's embarrassment "What distracted you?" She didn't see anything odd nearby that would require attention.

Kaito blinked, opening his mouth before closing it and tilting his head "I forgot" What had he been distracted by again?

He forgot? Misty eyed him, noting that he didn't seem to be lying "It happens to everyone" She shrugged "What were you trying to make?" She inquired.

Indigo glanced towards the counter where the ingredients were "I was making grilled bread and was going to make some scrambled eggs afterwards" Grilled bread should be tastier than toasted bread.

"I've never really thought about just frying bread before" Misty admitted "Though I guess it would be good since it works for grilled cheese"

Kaito nodded "I thought so too" He glanced at the charred thing on the frying pan "I guess burning bread is better than burning something more expensive" He sighed, shoulders drooping. He was lucky that he hadn't set off the fire detector.

Misty smiled "Why don't you go have a shower? I'll handle breakfast since I'm the one imposing" She had a feeling that the other would just end up burning all the bread "You must still be tired, the water should wake you up" The boy looked conflicted as she shooed him out of the kitchen.

"Are you sure?" Kaito was frowning a bit, he'd been cooking breakfast for a reason.

The woman nodded "Yes I'm sure" Slate gleamed "I have no problem with cooking"

"Okay" The response was soft as he went to go and fetch his stuff for a shower.

Misty's smile left her face after Kaito entered the bathroom, that interaction had been odd and she should probably talk to the inspector about it when he woke up. She wanted to make sure that Kaito would refrain from doing any more heists for a bit until the kid was less spacey. What would happen if he spaced out during a heist? She grimaced, not wanting to think about it.

By the time she finished making breakfast, Kaito hadn't finished his shower. Which was odd since the boy was normally quick, even when he used the lounge showers after getting paid. Misty removed the food from the heat before knocking on the bathroom door, after getting no response she headed towards Ginzo's room to wake him up "Nakamori-san, get up and check on Kaito in the washroom" She wasn't worried, the boy had probably spaced out but she knew that the inspector would throw a fit if she was the one to check on Kaito. It wasn't like the boy would care.

Ginzo gave her a look of confusion before the words registered, he quickly sat up, alarmed "What's wrong?"

Misty offered a small smile "Kaito was really spacey this morning so he might have spaced out in there" It could be hard to keep track of time while showering, unless one brought in a clock.

The inspector relaxed a bit at her words "I'll check" It actually didn't seem like it'd be odd for Kaito to be a bit spacey after having his head messed with. He headed to the bathroom and knocked on the door "You okay in there?" He inquired. When he got no response he slowly pushed the door open, giving Kaito plenty of time to stop him "I'm entering"The room was steamy but not dangerously so. He tapped the blue plastic curtain a few times, this time he got a response. He heard the boy give a surprised yelp.

"Keibu?!" Kaito's single eye was wide with confusion as he peeked his head out from behind the curtain.

Ginzo smirked "Misty thought that you might have spaced out since you've apparently been in here for too long" He was proud that he was able to keep himself from flinching at Kaito's empty socket, normally it was covered. He didn't think that it was gross, it was just that it reminded him of that horrible night where he'd almost lost the kid.

Kaito blinked, looking confused "Oh" He'd been in here for that long? "Thanks"

The inspector nodded and left the washroom "I think you were right" He breathed as he entered the kitchen "He was really confused"

"At least the hydro rate of this place is a fixed amount" Misty stated with a smirk as she began to set the table "I even had enough time to deal with Kaito's failed cooking attempt"

"Failed cooking attempt?" Ginzo inquired, having not seen Kaito mess up a meal, he was curious.

Me: So a cute spacey Kaito~

Hope you enjoyed~

I dislike washing my rat wheel, it isn't needed often and never gets bad... But afterwards it squeaks so badly >^<

Rats are mainly nocturnal so it'd be horrible to take the wheel away at night...

Below is baby Shychi, then what she looks like now... Blond has turned white with tan O.o

o