59. Concern, Oops...

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 8k Views~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written March 30 2020
Posted May 16 2020

Ginzo gave Kaito a concerned glance, it had been over an hour since they'd arrived back at their apartment. Mistressan had left shortly after, though not before putting her number in both of their phones. The boy was moving slowly as he went about doing random things. Rearranging their bookshelves, shoes and other odd tasks. The only problem was that Kaito had done the same task multiple times in a row.

He bit his lip, maybe he should have had Kaito stay in the hospital for a little while longer. Maybe there had been some brain damage that hadn't been noticeable until now. But Kaito had seemed mostly fine before, if not weak and tired.

"Oi Kaito" Said boy dropped the book that he'd been holding to look his way, indigo clearly unfocused, as if Kaito wasn't really looking at him. Kaito tilted his head. The inspector frowned, walking over towards the other, putting both hands on Kaito's shoulders, giving him a little shake "Just tell me what's wrong" It was unnerving to see the normally sharp boy acting like this. If it wasn't brain damage, than it was psychological, which was worrying in itself "You're scaring me" He breathed, what if what happened today had been the final straw? Kaito had already had a load of mental problems before now. What if he was stuck like this? His eyes burned at the thought. Kaito was just too... He shook his head, he didn't want to think about it.

Ginzo almost jumped when he felt arms wrap around himself. He opened his mouth to speak but paused, the boy was sobbing wordlessly. It confused him, but he returned the hug none the less. Neither spoke, not even when Kaito passed out again.

The hell? He gently laid Kaito onto the floor, fetching blankets to wrap around the other. It wasn't like he could pick Kaito up and put him to bed, so this would have to do. He was so confused, and didn't really understand what had caused Kaito to cry so suddenly. Had it been nerves? Surely today couldn't have been that stressful, especially compared to planning heists. Ginzo paused in his thoughts, suddenly realizing something. Kaito was used to heists, but he wasn't used to opening up. He grimaced, remembering that whenever things got too deep or personal, Kaito had usually reacted with strong emotions, sometimes even hiding away for a time. Then he'd return and pretend that nothing had happened.

When Kaito woke, he felt horrible. He could remember how he'd acted, and how much it had worried Ginzo. He slowly sat up, holding his head since it hurt, a lot. He looked around and spotted Ginzo looking over at him, book in hand. It almost made him smile at how subtle the guy was trying to be "I'm sorry for acting like that" He grimaced "I don't know what got into me" Everything had been too much, way too much. He shook his head, almost instantly regretting the motion as his vision swam.

Ginzo couldn't help but look at the boy with pity, he looked so small and fragile right now "You were probably just overwhelmed" That's what both Danashi and Mistressan suggested at least "Your body didn't know how to handle it so it just stopped" And moved on semi-autopilot, a useful skill, but also worrying. He closed his book to go over and kneel next to the sitting boy "How are you feeling now?"

The boy let out a breath, voice soft "In pain" He bit his lip "A lot of pain" He needed more painkillers, and it would take forever to go into effect.

The inspector nodded, having expected that since Kaito had been removed from the painkillers early "That's expected" He studied the other "What about emotionally?"

"I don't know" His voice was a borderline whine "Angry?" He hated feeling like this, so vulnerable, raw "Painkillers now" His head should be more clear without the pain muddling it.

Ginzo sighed at the demand but got up to retrieve the requested items anyways. He'd been hoping that the lack of painkillers would have kept Kaito down and resting. He'd underestimated how much pain the boy would be in "I'm sorry" He breathed, offering a tablet and a cup of water. Kaito immediately took them .

"Not your fault" Kaito wiped his mouth "Not completely" He let out a sigh, flopping back down onto the bundled blankets, too tired to move "It's mainly the situation" Indigo closed "I'm mentally and physically exhausted" Even though he was pretty sure that he'd been sleeping quite a bit "I'm not rationalizing my emotions like I normally do"

The inspector's gaze darkened "So everything that had built up suddenly overwhelmed you?" So the tears hadn't been random, they'd actually been caused by pain.

"Can we talk about this later?" Kaito grimaced "The meds are making me feel kinda foggy" What had Ginzo given him? He hadn't bothered to look at the pill.

"But then you'd be able to twist your words better" Ginzo offered a small smile, the drug was a painkiller, but also strong enough to make someone who wasn't used to it a bit dopey. It was what Dr.Kalos had prescribed Kaito so it wasn't technically drugging him, just giving him his medicine.

Kaito scowled "Cheater"

Ginzo barked out a laugh "No, just evening the playing field" They'd probably have to find stronger generic stuff because he was pretty sure that Kaito wouldn't willingly take the medicine again "This wouldn't have happened if you'd stopped bottling up your emotions"

"No..." Ick, he was feeling groggy "It's because I stopped" Then they just spewed out, Indigo fluttered shut.

The inspector blinked, pulling out the bottle to make sure he'd gotten the dosage right "Wow" He had "Why the hell was he given such strong meds?" He paused in thought, maybe since Dr.Kalos had thought that Kaito would have been better off out of it since he was technically a child? If he'd known that it'd just end up knocking Kaito out, he would have tried to get him to his bed first, or at least only given him a quarter of the dose.

Me: So Ginzo just accidentally drugged Kaito XD Not his fault really since he was reading the label. Neither is it Dr.Kalos' because isn't it normal to want a child to just sleep through their pain?

Kaito is so overwhelmed~

Hope you enjoyed~