40. Chapter 40

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 40 chapter's~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written January 1 2020
Posted March 7 2020

Ginzo found himself enjoying the fact that he was no longer a child, he didn't have to hop up on stools to reach things anymore so cooking was a lot easier. He couldn't believe just how much he'd taken his height for granted now that he had it back, though his elation didn't allow him to miss the way the other had been glancing at him with concern.

"Maybe I should cook tonight instead" Kaito mused from his seat at the kitchen table, he was refraining from standing too close to the inspector. The height difference was less apparent this was, but only just.

The inspector scoffed "If I was able to cook while small, I can do it like this as well" Kaito was such a worrier when it came to other people. If only the boy could do that for himself as well.

Kaito bit his lip "But what if the pill starts wearing off while you're doing something dangerous?" The pill had reacted quickly, so there was a chance that it could fade just as fast. He didn't want the other to accidentally stab himself or spill the boiling pot of water. Ginzo was sure to visibly react as soon as he start to shrink "We don't know how long it will last" It was already a little past 6 at night, meaning that it had already lasted a little more than 6 hours. It was a lot longer than he'd expected it to last.

Ginzo let out a small sigh as he stirred the pot, he'd decided to make miso soup, everything had already been prepped, cut up, and placed within the pot. All that was left was for the soup to simmer "The soup only needs to cook for a little longer" He breathed.

The boy hopped up onto a stool beside him to peer into the pot "It looks and smells good" His mouth was already watering. The inspector rolled his eyes, picking the boy up by the scruff of his shirt. Indigos widened in surprise, a tiny squeak of escaping from the boy. He hadn't expected to be picked up! "Oi! Put me down" Indigos glowered in indignation when the other just raised him to eye level instead. He knew that he shouldn't have stood near him!

"I still can't get over how small you are" He breathed, Kaito felt as if he weighed barely anything. He also felt as if he were picking up an angry kitten with the angry look Kaito was giving him. A horrible feeling settled in his gut, Kaito could have been snatched away so easily when he'd been selling himself. Also, what kind of sicko would even want to touch him like that?! Sure he was Kid, but without his tools, he was vulnerable.

Indigos narrowed "Stop thinking about stupid things" He was starting to feel uncomfortable just hanging like this. He was not some object that could be manhandled! "I'm easily underestimated" He added, not liking the concerned look he was being given.

Ginzo smirked, putting the boy back down onto the stool "True" And he also didn't need to worry about those kinds of things anymore, Kaito had no need to do that. The boy also rarely went out in public as himself, instead preferring to use his Kite persona. He was safe in that sense. He glanced at the soup "It should be done by now" He breathed, turning off the burner before grabbing the pot to remove it from the heat.

Kaito perked up, hopping off of the stool to stand on a different one, snatching the needed bowls from the cupboard "Here" He replied, as he offered the bowls. He figured that he might as well help since he was already up.

The inspector opened his mouth to say his thanks, but instead let out a pained hiss. Indigos widened as Kaito swiftly put the bowls on the counter as he hopped onto the stool. He then grabbed Ginzo's arms to steady him, wincing when a good amount of the liquid splashed against his left arm and chest. He helped Ginzo put the pot down safely to avoid major injury, just in time for the other to crumple to the ground in pain "Shit..." Ginzo's voice was pained as he clutched his chest, clenching his eyes shut. His heart felt like it was beating a million times a minuet.

"Keibu?" There was panic in his voice, which only grew when the other didn't respond. Kaito clenched his fists, feeling helpless. There was nothing he could do but sit there and watch, hoping that the strain of the change didn't kill him. Indigos burned, he hated the people who poisoned Ginzo! And himself a bit, for not thinking of ways to ease the other's pain sooner. He should have checked to see if his sleeping gas would have been safe to use with the pill.

The sight Ginzo came to was a familiar one, though this time Kaito seemed more tired and angry than fearful and sad. His whole body ached, and he felt a bit sick "Shrinking sucks" He breathed, sitting up with a bit of difficulty. His clothes were now way too big for him.

Kaito gave a tired smile, indigos soft "Yeah I bet" He stood up and went to offer a hand only to flinch. He held in a pained hiss, he'd forgotten that he'd been splashed and had ignored the pain in favour of watching over Ginzo.

Ginzo blinked, before remembering "Shit!" The wetness of the other's shirt easily telling him what had happened "Are you okay?!" Being splashed with hot liquids was no laughing matter, guilt pooled within his stomach.

The boy nodded before swiftly removing his shirt, the hot water had seeped in, thus had continued to burn him "It would have been a lot worse if I hadn't jumped up" There had been a high chance of Ginzo falling with the pot. He grimaced at the angry red of his arm, it was a bad burn, thankfully it had barely gotten his chest. At least he had what was needed to treat himself.

Me: Ginzo should have listened to Kaito, but at least a major crisis was averted.

Imagine if the whole pot had drenched Ginzo, and then he had to go through the pain of shrinking as well... Or if the pot had fallen on Kaito...

This was fun to write~ Hope you enjoyed~