45. Eavesdropping, Chats

1003 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written February 6 2020
Posted March 21 2020

Kid peered cautiously out from between the holes of the sewer drain that he was currently residing in. His outfit was his normal black sweater, sweatpants, and baseball cap that he wore for casual recon. It blended in well with the sewer's shadows "He really managed to bring in Scorpion?" Indigos gleamed with curiosity as he listened in on the conversation. If only he could get closer without drawing any suspicion to himself, but he couldn't since he couldn't move sewers.

"Yeah, Kid's been getting more and more active lately" So his actions really were putting more pressure on the Crows? Kid smirked, pleased that his efforts were worthwhile "We need to either remove him or capture him" The man shrugged "Capture would be ideal, but killing him will work too"

The thief blinked, why would they want to capture him? Sure he'd understand if they thought that he had Pandora, but they knew that he didn't have it. One of the men released a breath "Scorpion has a perfect kill streak so far, Kid's as good as dead" Kid scowled, no he wasn't! He wouldn't let this Scorpion person take him down. There was a beeping sound before the sound of retreating footsteps met the thief's ears.

Indigos narrowed as he slipped out of the sewer, making sure to put the grate back exactly how it was. He gave himself a quick sniff and grimaced, he'd have to cover or wash away the gross scent before continuing his recon. People noticed when others smelt and it wouldn't do to attract attention like that.

He glanced at his watch, noting that he'd spent almost the entire day going through air ducts and sewers. He didn't like going through sewers, but with how aggressive the Crows have been lately, it was a good backup route in case his regular routes got cut off. He raised his arms above his head, relishing the stretch. Maybe he should call it a day, he still had a little over a day left to prepare.

Ginzo grimaced when Kaito appeared in their hotel room "Why the hell do you smell so bad?" He covered his nose with his hands "You reek" Had the boy been dumpster diving or something? He wouldn't have been surprised if he had been with how bad he smelled.

Kaito snickered, indigos gleaming "Sorry, I can't smell it anymore" A true blessing in disguise.

The inspector's gaze narrowed "Go take a shower before the smell decides to linger" He didn't want to be smelling that for the rest of their stay.

"That's the plan" The boy replied as he grabbed a change of clothes and headed off towards the washroom. It wouldn't do for him to still stink when he went out tomorrow. Especially since the heist was scheduled for the day after the next at 1am. It'd been a while since he'd had a heist around that time.

Once Kaito was in the shower, Ginzo decided to send Danashi a message to tell him the general area where they were. He liked having the Superintendent around during heists because the man had enough power that he could potentially help if something went wrong. It hadn't missed his attention that the man had started attending the heists more often after Kaito's visit to him. Since Danashi was going to be there either way, he may as well make it easier for the man.

He then went back to reading one of Kaito's many crime novels, he'd lost count of how many of them that he'd read by now. Though he figured that it had to at least be over 100, yet he still hadn't really made a dent in Kaito's book collection. Every time he'd managed to read most of them, the next day the books that he'd already read get replaced and the old books got whisked off to who knows where. It kind of confused him on how Kaito could have possibly obtained so many books. Very few of them had library stamps. Maybe he randomly borrowed them without the owner's knowledge?

After an unknown amount of time had passed, Kaito stepped out of the bathroom, wearing clean clothes. In his arms was a sealed bag that contained the clothes that he'd been wearing before.

Ginzo looked up from his book, noting that he couldn't smell the boy anymore, thank god "Can we order some sushi?" Kaito never opted for take out food unless Ginzo asked for it, though he almost always agreed when he did.

"Sure, it's been a while" Sushi was nice, and since they didn't have to prep it themselves, they could be lazy. He glanced at Ginzo "You want the usual?" He knew what the inspector liked, but it couldn't hurt to ask. What if the other wanted to try something different for a change?

"That would work" Ginzo replied.

Kaito nodded, taking out his phone to order their food. He blushed as his stomach growled, reminding him that he'd forgotten to eat lunch. His body wasn't used to him skipping meals anymore.

Ginzo raised a brow, having heard the growl "You should have eaten" He scolded once the boy had finished the call. It wouldn't do for Kaito to not be in top form for the heist.

"I got really into scoping out the place" He avoided the other's gaze "I didn't mean to skip lunch" He truly hadn't since he knew how much it upset Ginzo whenever he skipped a meal.

The inspector sighed "Just try to remember to eat next time" Kaito was still quite thin, and it was proving to be quite difficult to get the boy to gain weight since he was so active. At least his bones weren't too noticeable unless he looked for them.

"I'll try" His stomach growled again, causing the boy to blush.

"At least I know that you're not likely to skip two meals in a row" Ginzo smirked, amused by the other's pout.

Kaito opted to turn on the TV instead of answering. Hopefully the food would arrive soon so that his stomach would stop growling.

Me: Scorpion was never stated to be part of the Crows... But I feel like they have the potential with the name and existence during a movie involving Kid~

This was interesting to write~ Hope you enjoyed~

And a note since multiple people have inquired... Conan doesn't exist in this since shinichi is the same age as Kaito (13) just taller since Kaito is tiny for his age

Conan is if I manage to start a book 2... Not definite for existence though... since something could happen

=~= my 'His Magic' (sequel) ideas had to be scrapped due to a plot line that may be triggering due to virus (I learned about it late), and and thus berry is currently a little discouraged about it and intimidated to remake plot points... it was going to be a epidemic that Kaito helps with, not pandemic, but still... *sigh* ...