34. Heist?

1006 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC ~

Written November 14 2019
Posted February 17 2020

Extra chappy because I was reading all the comments from my Kaito Oneshots book...

"It's been a while since I've had spaghetti" Ginzo stated as he set down a plate of steaming pasta in front of each seat. While pasta could be cheap, Kaito hadn't been keen on wasting any excess pasta or sauce. Pasta sauce just came in cans too big for the two of them to consume it all without the ability to store the excess in a fridge "There's plenty left for seconds" He added as the boy slipped into his own seat, he'd made sure to always pick Kaito's servings whenever possible. The boy had a habit of not taking enough.

Kaito flashed him a bright grin, spaghetti didn't taste that good cold so he never really brought it back to eat "Okay" He twirled up some food onto his fork, savouring the flavour when he placed it into his mouth. Maybe if they could have tasty food like this more often, he'd feel a bit better about using Danashi's money. Good food always brightened his mood.

The inspector couldn't help but feel pleased when Kaito got up to dish himself out another plate of food, it made him feel more useful. It was amazing to think that in the beginning it had been an effort to just get Kaito to eat three small meals a day, now the boy ate enough to not look like he was skin and bones "What do you think that we should have tomorrow?" He inquired, he was curious to know what sort of other foods the boy liked now that their options weren't as limited as before.

Kaito paused, setting his fork down in thought. It was actually kinda rare that he chose a meal, he usually let the choice go to Ginzo since he was the one to cook it "I'm not sure" He remembered liking a few things years ago but taste changes with time "Maybe sushi?" Fish went bad easily, so it had been a long time since he'd had some nice sushi. The fact that it was especially healthy was a good bonus as well.

The thought of sushi made Ginzo's mouth water, he was more than fine with that idea "Then sushi it is" Sushi was one of the few foods that he had been good at prepping before he'd been shrunk.

Indigos gleamed, having taken notice of the other's excitement at the prospect of sushi "I've got a heist tonight, so can it be a somewhat early meal?" Kaito asked, reading Ginzo's reactions.

Ginzo blinked, he was somewhat surprised when his first emotion had been curiosity instead of annoyance "So you're starting those back up again" It was more of a statement than a question. He wasn't really sure how he felt about that, sure he'd know that it would happen, but now it actually was happening "What are you planning to steal?" He was asking for the sake of curiosity, he obviously wasn't going to attend.

"A nice sized sapphire called Blue Birthday" Kaito replied, he trusted that the inspector wouldn't alert the authorities. It was more fun when the police had to scramble to decipher his heist notices.

"Isn't that in the museum a few streets away?" Ginzo asked, he could literally see said museum from the windows, especially since their apartment was taller than it.

The boy nodded "Yeah, I figured that I'd have a simple heist" He flashed a mischievous grin "I may be a little rusty after being on hiatus for so long" He wouldn't have far to go once the heist was over, making it an ideal warm up for the more complicated heists.

Concern made itself present within the inspector "But don't the Crows favour showing up at heists involving larger gems?" If it was supposed to be a warm up heist, why was Kaito taking the risk?

Indigos softened at the other's concern "It'll be fine" He soothed "It'll just be an in and out heist" That and he wanted to chance another confrontation, the more confrontations the better. They'd help him learn more about their objectives as a whole, or at least he hoped they would. The more he learned, the better chance he had at taking them down, and the sooner Ginzo could be out of danger.

Ginzo frowned, he still didn't like it but there was nothing that he could do to stop him "Just be extra careful okay?" He remembered the blood stained medical kits. They'd stocked up on medicine right? He'd check later tonight.

The boy rolled his eyes "I'm almost always careful" He'd been planning this heist for a few weeks, and had only sent in the heist notice a few hours ago. Neither the police nor the crows would have enough time to properly prepare for said heist. He was even going in more stocked than usual due to Danashi's funds. It was kinda odd that he felt more okay with using the funds for a heist rather than to better his living area. Maybe it was because the heists weren't for his own sake? He wasn't sure, but that was fine. He couldn't wait to use his new grappling gun, it could take more tension than before. He also didn't have to be still in order to shoot it properly anymore.

The inspector shrugged, Kaito knew more about his own heist than he did "If you say so" He'd be watching from the window in any case.

Kaito gave him a wry smile "It'll be weird to not have you there chasing at me" The heist was sure to be filled with less curses and yelling than usual.

Ginzo nodded, suddenly feeling sad. There would be no more Kaitou Kid for him to chase once he got his original body back. That heist all those months ago had most likely been his last "You sure as hell better not let yourself get caught" He huffed, only he was allowed to catch Kaito. Though, now he wasn't sure if that would be a good thing. He just wasn't sure anymore, things had been a lot easier when he didn't know Kaito.

Me: Yes I know that Kaito has a phobia of fish~ but this timeline is different...

•~•...... Zee plans I have....

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~

Speaking about my Kaito Oneshots book...

Ah I remember when I had a 50/50 death ratio for killing Kaito ^-^

Berry has mellowed out a lot since then and rarely kills him now

There's a ton of fluff and feels~ The Breaking mini series actually changed my writing style to mainly this ^-^